Question What is a thread bump or bumping a thread??? (answered)

Re: Whats bump???

When something is not on the front page of the forum, you "bump" it by adding a reply to the front page for a while.

And while we´re at it, overusing this "feature" is frowned upon, i.e. when done multiple times a day or almost every day in e.g. a sales thread in the Junkyard. Trying to keep a thread on the front page without actually adding something of value to it is rude and unfair to the others.

Michael
RPF staff

And while we´re at it, overusing this "feature" is frowned upon, i.e. when done multiple times a day or almost every day in e.g. a sales thread in the Junkyard. Trying to keep a thread on the front page without actually adding something of value to it is rude and unfair to the others.

Michael
RPF staff

cool, the next time i see a 300 helmet sale thread bumped for the 36th time i'll give you a shout. (probably won't have to wait long)

-z

Bumping!

Sorry Guys I'm relatively new to the jargon on this site! can someone fully explain the term to me? I think it has something to do with reposting . . so How do I do it!? sorry for being thick!! :unsure

Abs

Re: Bumping!

It's essentially a way to move the thread back to the first page. So if you're selling an item on the junk yard and you want people to see it easily and You don't want it to get lost amongst the hundreds other threads you 'bump' it back to the top.

Re: Bumping!

It's essentially a way to move the thread back to the first page. So if you're selling an item on the junk yard and you want people to see it easily and You don't want it to get lost amongst the hundreds other threads you 'bump' it back to the top.

Please keep in mind if you are selling something in the Junkyard, only one bump per day is allowed. This allows others to have an opportunity for their item to get equal exposure.

Bumping a really old thread just to say "cool" without adding something vital to the thread is called Necroposting. (Don't worry, we WILL tell you when that happens :lol)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back