What is a good latex for Mr. I suit?

aliengod33

Just wanted to know what latex people recommend for making predator skins on the Mr. Incredible suit. I did a search and found monsterroom latex but are there others? Thanks.

the RD 407 is what i used as well mixed with some titanium white acrylic paint from micheals and was the perfect shade for my MR I suit build. i didnt even have to use the whole gallon of latex on the suit either think i had like right under a 1/4 left after i was done putting my last coat on. monster makers is a great site and they ship fast as well

I read something on their site that said latex can freeze and shipping during winter months may ruin the product. I am wondering if I should risk it. It is close to winter, but not yet, and I am really itching to start my suit.

I read something on their site that said latex can freeze and shipping during winter months may ruin the product. I am wondering if I should risk it. It is close to winter, but not yet, and I am really itching to start my suit.
You're probably fine if you order it now. It hasn't been consistently below freezing in the Midwest yet. Now, if you order it in the middle of January, then you'd have to get it shipped by air, because it'd probably freeze on a delivery truck. Actually, since you're in Hawaii, they might ship it by air anyway. I know they can't ship it by ground from the West Coast to Hawaii, since there's an ocean in the way. :D

I think they tell people to have their stuff shipped by air in the winter months because the people who handle and deliver packages aren't always the smartest people in the business. Here's the last order of latex I got from The Monster Makers as delivered to the front desk at my office:

The arrows don't mean "This end up". Instead, they mean, "Put the box on its side and see how much latex leaks out." Fortunately, nothing leaked out because the container was well-sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, since you're in Hawaii, they might ship it by air anyway. I know they can't ship it by ground from the West Coast to Hawaii, since there's an ocean in the way. ;)

Strangely enough I tried ordering latex from their site and there was no option for shipping method. It just said "UPS Ground: $40" about. I think I may have to call them to figure out the shipping methods because their site is pretty stubborn.

I think to Hawaii or Alaska they obviously will fly but the only option is for ground. Even though it flies, i believe u are only charged that same price since its still US...but call to find out...i will pray u get a person and not 20 minutes of machines

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back