What is a good glue for aluminum?

Laspector

Master Member
What is the best glue for gluing two pieces of aluminum together? Working on some greeblies, using some aluminum piping.

If the part is small I have good experience with cyanoacrylate glue. Important to try and rough it up a bit with sandpaper so it sticks better. If it a bigger part I may use some 4 minute epoxy depending on the case of course.

For aluminum and other metals, the ONLY choice is Epoxy. To ensure the best bond, rough up the surface first and then clean it thoroughly. If you have a joint that requires a great deal of strength, you can get an aviation grade brown epoxy that works great (but it's not cheap!).

CA would work fine if you require a solid but quick hold. If you need more mechanical strength, epoxy would work better, but you would have to hold the part in place until the epoxy sets. Which could be a PITA.

TazMan2000

I admit I missed the part in his post about working with "greeblies." I thought he was talking about structural parts. LOL!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back