What if any is different between master replicas & hasbro fx lightsabers

JBLAKE

Sr Member
If anyone could help please let me know what if any difference is there quality wise between a master replicas and a Hasbro fx lightsaber. Is on made better than another? Is there a difference in led or sound quality.Considering buying one but would appreciate your input of anyone who has owned both.Thank you in advance.Was considering one of the Luke's if that helps.

theres a few threads on this, but the main thing is the MR and Hasbro Force FX had metal hilts, and Hasbro Ultimate FX were plastic hilts. you might want to check out the darth maul comparison vid on youtube, it goes into that sort of explanation. iirc Hasbro bought the molds/rights to continue the products, but the rest of the variations were small changes such as button knurling, placement, and colors used.

I think ( but not certain) that they are identical, I know I studied some images of the latest Hasbro Black Series Luke and couldn't spot a single difference - even the yellow stickers giving battery info etc are stuck on the same place so assuming made by same factory.

Just wish I'd bought lots more MR fx sabers when they were being sold off cheap!

I have both the 2007 MR Luke ANH and the 2007 Hasbro Luke ANH and they are identical in every way except for the lettering on the end cap stating MR or Hasbro. The new 2015 Luke ANH is identical externally as well but is supposed to have a different soundboard and more responsive swing and clash sensors. I don't have that one though to compare. They are fun sabers to convert to LED in the hilt and duel with. Very rugged and can take a LOT of abuse.

There have been subtle changes over the years. I think most of these changes happened within the MR years. Little things here and there to save cost such as change in materials. For instance on the graflex style of the MR ESB Luke hilt has the emitter ears made much like a real graflex but later the design changed to make it only visually resemble the look. Such as mounting the ears to the surface and I think the ring below could be plastic.

I think there are subtle finish changes as well. For instance, I think you would notice the difference if you tried to connect one half of a MR Maul saber to half of a Hasbro Maul saber.

Also some of the first Hasbro FX sabers had removable blades which they no longer do since mid/late 2015.

FYI: I am not talking about the kids since those are called "Ultimate FX".

Thank you all very much for the much appreciated and detailed info. I had some of the MR's and really liked them but unfortunately had to sell them. I was considering buying one of the new black series lightsabers and wanted to make sure it held up to the MR's.

Please tell me do the new black series lightsabers have LED's that strobe up and down when turned on and off like the MR's do?

Again thank you all for your kindness in helping me.

How are the rubberized plastic grips/t-tracks on the Hasbro sabers? I had to clean them up on my MR Vader ANH & ESB

Thank you MJF that was perfect.
I remember trying to find in the Master Replica line a lightsaber with uniformity in led lights. No dark spots at all. I had several of each at one time and I think of all I had just 1 or 2 that were uniform with the lights in the blade. Not sure of that was the way they all were.

I would think battery at that point. The only experience of any length I've had with a stock FX was the 2010 removable blade Luke ANH. Very even lights but low def sounds due to being the authentic ANH soundboard. In MJF's video you could differentiate the LEDs due to the camera picking up infrared but I've never seen it in real life.

Thank you for the very helpful and most insightful information.
That ANH sounds very interesting. Probably very expensive now.
Are the black series fx lightsabers sold in stores or just online?
What is a fair price to pay in store or online.

Thank you again all for your kindness in helping.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back