what i did this weekend..start of Thor costume and Captain America Shield

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Jjaysavaloi, May 6, 2012.

1. Jjaysavaloi

Jjaysavaloi Active Member

hi all, this weekend i started doing the captain america sheild pep (which i've done :)).. and then got it on my brain to start doing the Thor costume...its gonna be a massive task i reakon, but worth it...it took me about twelve hours to get where i have with the right arm gauntlet...and still have a few little bits to do to it...but hope what ive done so far meets approval :)

2. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

good luck man, subbed

3. Jjaysavaloi

thanks man, yeah...i feel confident about sanding and fibreglassing...its just the pepping that does my nut it haha

4. Jjaysavaloi

Chest armour "pepped" ready for fibreglass :)....there's three days just gone from my life lol

5. RaDiCaL

RaDiCaL Member

hey it is looking really great so far ! keep it up

can you tell me where do you get the files for the Thor costume?

kind regards

Michael

6. Jjaysavaloi

thank you michael. i got them from the pepakura viewer website, theres a section of files, just flick through :)

7. RaDiCaL

RaDiCaL Member

oh thanks !

8. TheMightyTHOR97

TheMightyTHOR97 New Member

hi ive been working on a thor costume wif the same pepakura files but ive been having trouble scaling it.. so culd u give me a few tips on how to scale it to my size?...

9. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

how is the costume coming along man, any updates?

10. Jjaysavaloi

hi mighty thor...i'm no good with scailing if i'm honest...i'm 6ft 6ins and of average build...i have a mannequin of the smae size of my torso...attached it to that for when i'm ready to fibreglass...added a little bit more length near the stomach..i'm now hoping that its gonna fit lol.....

11. Jjaysavaloi

hi mystery, i'm wanting to get the left gauntlet and shin guards done before i fibreglass...but it should look amazing when its done, also steering towards doing a foam ironman..but with my height and lack of scaling knowledge i fear it wont fit...so looks like it'll be standing free in my flat...always wanted a home with superhero suits standing around though...captain americas sheild is ready to fibreglass etc though...that'll look sweet on my wall :)