WHAT!!! HOW DID HE DO THIS!!!

his set up has wires that are visible through the bottom jaw to the bottom mandibles, check out his other vids.

He has a hair pin thing inside the preds mouth so when he bites on it it pushes the ends apart, thats for the teeth, for the mandibles he has rods connected for the lower ones to the lower teeth, so when he bites down it pushes the teeth apart, pushign the mandibles apart. i cant explain great but there was someone askin for help in the huntorials thing im pretty sure, and it was called "working mandibles" and i put a vid there explainging it.

one very important thing guys are forgetting about trying to apply this to a normal latex mask.. unless the latex is thin around the mouth and cheek area.. this will not work.. your mask will bunch and look ****.... so either go for silicone.. or make a foam one like this dude did...

He's not pulling cables, he's holding the mask on.

Check out his other vids.
I've seen his other video where he draws a picture, he then said he'd upload a video showing a tutorial with it actually in the mask but he never did. I don't think that you'd get the movement we see in this video from the method he describes in his earlier one. I've re-watched this one a couple of times now and i'm still convinced that he's controlling the movement with his hands in this particular video.

I've seen his other video where he draws a picture, he then said he'd upload a video showing a tutorial with it actually in the mask but he never did. I don't think that you'd get the movement we see in this video from the method he describes in his earlier one. I've re-watched this one a couple of times now and i'm still convinced that he's controlling the movement with his hands in this particular video.
I've rewatched and I can see that how he holds his hand are looking like hes pulling cables. Has anyone asked him? He's predattack on The Lair. Or stoped by his site http://empirefx.weebly.com/?

one very important thing guys are forgetting about trying to apply this to a normal latex mask.. unless the latex is thin around the mouth and cheek area.. this will not work.. your mask will bunch and look ****.... so either go for silicone.. or make a foam one like this dude did...

What about using prosthetic foam latex? It's rigid enough to keep the fine details, but it's also flexible enough to be used with motion. But yea, I agree with you that the standard latex mask wont give the desired effect that one looks for. It basically gives the open closed movement sideways.

http://www.monstermakers.com/product/the-m...Grade-Kits.html

EDIT: They also have an animatronic grade as well, its: $25 for the quart and $84.95 for the gallon. The prosthetic is the same price for both quart and gallon.

I was seriously considering "what if" this type of latex was sent and used on a mask instead of the actual latex. For example the bsp mask Bryan has. Wouldn't that be sweet if the mandibles opened and closed like it does in the movie?! That would be epic!

Haha! Good old r1a2s3!!! His tutorials helped me soooooooo much! His stuff helped make my first mask!!! Yeah his other tricks include a hairclip and rods but yeah...

theres a canadian guy (i think hes canadian)on youtube who made the best animatronic pred ever the mandible movement was so naturally random instead of just open and close . Type animatronic rig test in youtube search*edit* that guy is pete mander... Im sure everyone knows him

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back