What have I to fear? - Loki Avengers build

Well, I did decide to re-do the vest yesterday, where it is sewn together, instead of all the folding over and velcroing. I'm glad I did, it looks a lot better and more uniform.

Oh man...I forgot to upload the pics. BAH!

The pieces themselves aren't really casted. They are all the original pieces I made from scratch. I haven't really done any casting per se.

Oh...and my most entertaining photo I took had at Dragoncon...

LOKID.jpg

LOKI'D!

Goofball that I am, forgot to upload more pics of my costume, even after I bought a sweet new camera and took a bunch of pics of my stuff. I will give a teaser and hopefully load some more in the future.

DSCN0061-2.jpg

And, had to cut my hair(yes, forced), so, looks like if I plan to wear this again, I need to find a decent wig.

Actually, I didn't cut my hair before that pic. I had to cut my hair after I got home from that convention. Now it is nowhere near the length for Loki. Maybe the length for Tony Stark, haha!

Wow, very nice job! I cannot imagine the amount of patience it took to put in all those gold stops on the edges....not looking forward to mine.... O.O

Might I ask where you got that amazing textured black vinyl/leather?

All the material is from Joann Fabric. The material for the shoulders/front tabbards was found in the samples section that they require to special order. I pretty much found a material that I felt suited it, and went with it.

All the material is from Joann Fabric. The material for the shoulders/front tabbards was found in the samples section that they require to special order. I pretty much found a material that I felt suited it, and went with it.
Oh lordy, must've been insanely expensive then...good thing I HAVE COUPONS!!! :D

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing it at some point..

Did some more work over the weekend. Got the outer tunic near done, as well as work on the boot covers/spats.

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

For the odd material, I just went with something that looked good. I unfortunately couldn't find anything to match the pattern of the real suit, and I don't really have the patience like SithCamaro to hand make it, haha!

IMG_5918.jpg

I may try and get the armor pieces started during the week, and than near the weekend work on the sleeves and stuff. It is doubtful I can finish this for the movie weekend.

What did you go with for the odd material?

With all the confusion from the past few weeks of conventions, I forgot to post a pic of the changes I did to the shoulder before dragoncon. The old one was bothering me, so I made a more accurate fix.

DSCN0471_zps4b6e70d2.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back