What have I to fear? - Loki Avengers build

Satxer

Sr Member
Here is my Loki build in progress:

Mine1.jpg

Mine2.jpg

As everyone knows, lot of this stuff is being made from scratch. I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to sew something like this from scratch. Only things that will not be built from scratch, are the leather pants, and the boots.

As of now, I have put roughly 8 hours into the outer tunic and 3 hours into the vest. The outer tunic still has a little bit of work to do, but that is waiting on a new material that will look a little closer to what is on the actual suit. Vest needs to get a couple of things added too. Sleeves, boot covers, armor pieces, and the weapon are up next.

Easiest part of this costume...is growing out my hair!

Judging by the views and lack of replies, I guess I know what I have to fear, that it looks worse than I thought.

I think it looks great! Keep it up! It seems like an extremely difficult build. If I had the time, I wanted to make a nice one like this for my brother to wear to the midnight show, but instead I just bought some stuff from goodwill to modify. It's turning out ok, but I definitely envy the accuracy of your suit.

It's also entirely possible that people just missed the thread. Posts tend to sink really fast here as other threads are made/responded to, so it's easy for them to disappear to the 2nd and 3rd pages right away before people can see them!

I didn't think people missed it with over a 100 views, haha. Who knows. The material that I ordered came in quicker than I thought, so, looks like I will be trying to close up the tunic this weekend.

I think it's looking great too! No worries man, it's going to look awesome once you get it all finished. I didn't see, but are you even going to try the helmet? I'm in the minority thinking that the helmets for Thor and Loki aren't necessary, but I was curious.

Once you get that hair slicked back, you've got his look down.

suit looks good but be carefull the devil is in the details ;)

and dont wory my thread has about 200 replies and 3000 views so chill people will lurk more then they post

Looks great! I found Loki costume threads arnt all that popular here but like the other members said there are alot of lurkers and less posters :)

or like me, they came in hoping to see the helmet... the rest looks great but we wanna see the horns!
how are you planning to do the helmet, thats if you are planning on doing it?

I would love a Loki helm

I am pretty much going with the non-armored version, so, no helmet will be involved. I think this one looks cooler than the all armored up. But, the good news is, if I ever DO the armored version, I already have the base, and just have to make the rest of the armor.

Did some more work over the weekend. Got the outer tunic near done, as well as work on the boot covers/spats.

IMG_5916.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

For the odd material, I just went with something that looked good. I unfortunately couldn't find anything to match the pattern of the real suit, and I don't really have the patience like SithCamaro to hand make it, haha!

IMG_5918.jpg

I may try and get the armor pieces started during the week, and than near the weekend work on the sleeves and stuff. It is doubtful I can finish this for the movie weekend.

So, I took a break from sewing to start working on the hard pieces...

septor.jpg

Never really made a prop out of lumber, so, it has been an interesting attempt. However, this isn't an updated pic to the work I did yesterday. I actually finished sanding it down and gave it a resin coat.

Dude that is awesome, Even with just the Loki helmet that would set this costume off completely ill be watching this build!!
Very inspiring

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back