What happens to Royce shotgun in Predators?

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I know... I know... Its just a movie, but riddle me this, Batman.

Today I was going through Predators, getting screencaps for my stunt AA-12 and noticed something odd.

When the gang leaves Noeland's hideout and are running through the tunnels, they all have their guns. Royce is leading them with the Surefire light on his AA-12. While Edwin and Nikolai run into the Tracker Predator, Royce, Isabella, Hanzo and Stans don't run into anyone. When Nikolai sets off his twin frags, killing the Tracker Predator, we see Royce and gang pouring out of a fissure in the earth like ants to avoid the blast. EVERYONE has their weapons... expect Royce. In the split second between guiding everyone through the tunnels and coming out of the fissure the AA-12 goes missing and isn't seen again. Royce was leading the pack and was the first one out of the crack so, what was his excuse?!?

Anyway, just thought it was a kinda lame setup for the last scenes in the movie. Would Hanzo have had to face the Falconer alone if Royce still had the AA-12? I think not.

I believe that while they were at Nolan's retreat, Royce's motives changed to Nolan's in the aspect of "I'm alive". He was not as much of a "leader" per say, but on his own and everyone chose to follow him. So, my thoughts are that since he really changed his drive and became more aggressive to just get off the planet, and thus he could have dropped it in the rush. He was quite different in character than the others. Isabella kept her weapon, but in character she is pretty different than Royce, more calm. She wasn't in that much of a rush and kept her weapon.

As for the fight between Hanzo and Falconer. I'm not sure Royce would have stopped to help if he had his weapon. He was in the process of trying to get off the planet as quick as possible, add on top of that Mr. Black and Falconer were after the group. I'm sure he didn't mind leaving Hanzo there since he was going to use Stan as bait.

Ran out of ammo?

I'm gonna go with this one...you can only have so many Drums full of shotgun shells (I believe they hold 32) and with an AA-12 going about 5 rounds/sec I'm pretty sure he ran out pretty quickly. I'm sure they fimled him dropping it but it got cut on the editting floor or something.

I'm gonna go with this one...you can only have so many Drums full of shotgun shells (I believe they hold 32) and with an AA-12 going about 5 rounds/sec I'm pretty sure he ran out pretty quickly.

Now is that before or after you get 200 kills with the weapon to unlock extended mags???

Wait that's MW2, never mind

As for the fight between Hanzo and Falconer. I'm not sure Royce would have stopped to help if he had his weapon. He was in the process of trying to get off the planet as quick as possible, add on top of that Mr. Black and Falconer were after the group. I'm sure he didn't mind leaving Hanzo there since he was going to use Stan as bait.

He most likely dropped it due the weight of the gun. It would've impended his progress to the Super Preds' camp. Hell, I would've dropped it too to make time!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back