What Good's a Grapple Gun...

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
...without a MiniMine.

mini01.jpg

mini02.jpg

Thought I would show this little project as it progresses.

Hey Jmtwo

Did I send you the pics I had of these when I sent pics of the Grapplegun when they were on display in Toronto? LMK.

Originally posted by Talisen@Sep 12 2005, 04:57 PM
Hey Jmtwo

Did I send you the pics I had of these when I sent pics of the Grapplegun when they were on display in Toronto? LMK.
[snapback]1075937[/snapback]​

Yessir you Did.. Thanks to the Grapple I have good reference on this as well.

Very cool. I lucked upon some bike lights at Wal-Mart that look close enough to get by for me. Since then, I haven't been able to find any more. In the process of painting them now.

Almost completed. I just have to scribe some lines, put on the activation button and make the rods. I am going to use styrene for now and maybe metal later. I am going to make button caps so they can be glued on to represent the mine in it's closed position and a full rod for the open position.

mini03.jpg

mini04.jpg

Belmont - What bike light did you find? Pics if ya got em. I'm going to hurt someone if what you found is really close. It's not easy to drill 15 perfectly spaced holes around a wooden sphere. I believe the one pictured was my 6th attempt. Needless to say, the craft store is out of wooden spheres. :)

Thats awesome, damn clean looking,,, You deserve an award for getting those holes so perfect. I can't imagine the patience it took to finish it.

Originally posted by Jmtwo@Sep 15 2005, 10:46 PM

Belmont - What bike light did you find? Pics if ya got em.  I'm going to hurt someone if what you found is really close.  It's not easy to drill 15 perfectly spaced holes around a wooden sphere.  I believe the one pictured was my 6th attempt.  Needless to say, the craft store is out of wooden spheres. :)
[snapback]1077839[/snapback]​

They're called "Spokey Dokes Bike Light Clips" and are back in the toy section near the bikes. Sorry, I don't have a digital camera to post pics. If you would like me to pick a pack up for you, let me know. They only have 12 spikes on them. Like I said, they're not screen accurate, and kids that see them won't know the difference.

how does this replica measure up (as far as official replica size) to the noble collection clock one?

i was thinking of ordering the clock since it was a: pretty cool, and b: pretty cool, but i dont want to spend excess cash on something kind of inaccurate. 20 bucks on a semi accurate? awesome. 60+ bucks on not accurate tiny spiked ball? not cool.

and dear god i cannot imagine trying to drill those holes. i can only imagine the fun the prop makers had when they hooked up one to the lil pneumatic pump to pop those little rods out :lol

its looking pretty awesome so far. im planning on hitting the store tommorow to see if there are any bike lights left (cant see hurricane victims hoarding bike lights).

chris

Finally finished these little guys. Who knew a 2" sphere with 15 symetrically placed holes could be so hard to make, mold and cast. :angry 16 individual pieces for the closed version and 30 pieces for the open version. Plus the little boogers have a tendency to roll off the workbench, hence the display plaque which is a modified version of the one I made for the grapple. But I think they turned out well.

I think the only thing I will change, is I believe the closed mine should have a green indicator while the open gets the red. I did these from the Visual Guide which shows a red indicator on the closed version. Hope you guys like.

Just click on the thumbnail to see the larger version.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back