What filler should i use to repair my BIO

Spoons

Hi all,

Can anyone advise me on what filler i should use to repair my BIO. I also have a C3P0 head that needs filling and repairing...same problem.

Thank you

depends on the Damage. if it's pretty serious cracks, where there are visible parts gouged out of it, Bondo (Isopon 38 is the closest equivalent in Europe, don't know where you live). cover the damage over, fill the cracks, then sand it smooth. of course if bits have actually been broken Off, you'll need support underneath the Bondo.
i mean, being that Bio's are from the looks of it Standardly Resin, which i'm guessing this one is, that should do it no problem.

Auto body glaze works great for filling small defects and cracks and such. It's pre-mixed fairly inexpensive and easy to use. You can find it at any auto parts store and most Walmarts.

Thanks for the prompt replies.
The BIO has only got a smallish chip in it and its resin.
The C3PO is worse, not cracked. Its in fibre glass and needs alot of tidying and filling/shaping....not a job i've done before.

I'm in the UK by the way.

For small chips, bondo putty or equivalent is great (I'd think you'd find something at halfords or similar). For larger repairs/reshaping as you mention with the C3PO head, I'd go for the body filler, again somewhere like halfords or a small auto repair place should stock something that will work. I've heard the Isopon 38 is more or less a direct bondo equivalent and that would work great. Be prepared to do a lot of sanding though.

Bondo over time will seperate from the resin. Like Jason said, Apoxie Sculpt made by Aves. it was made to bond to resin. Lots of work time, very good stuff.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back