What Falcon sidewall kit is better?

You must be referring to the Blue Moon upgrade set available SSM.

It's a personal preference, really. However the Falcon kits set is very hard to obtain. This is because any correspondance from the maker is slow if not, non existance.

If you ordered both today I think you would have the Blue Moon set before you even got a reply from Falcon Kits.

I have neither of them so I can't speak personally about the quality but I prefer the look of the Falcon Kits although neither of them are accurate to the filming miniature.

If I got the BM parts I'd be ditching the 3 replacement Tiger back ends and would be looking at replacing them with 1/72 scale versions (if that works).

I have the Blue Moon set (in fact I've got it partially installed on an MPC Falcon). The quality of it looks good and the other bits it has (the engine grill and rear deck additions) are nice in terms of quality IMHO. It is certainly buildable. I'll eventually finish mine although I admit putting new sidewalls on a Falcon is not the easiest thing to do. If you get one I believe you will be happy with it.

I have neither of them so I can't speak personally about the quality but I prefer the look of the Falcon Kits although neither of them are accurate to the filming miniature.

If I got the BM parts I'd be ditching the 3 replacement Tiger back ends and would be looking at replacing them with 1/72 scale versions (if that works).
you need the 1/144 tiger decks to replace - Dragon makes them and they look fantastic cut up and glued on :D

Jedi Dade

Both are nice...

the Falcon Kits resemels the 5 foot mode more closely but is not a re[plica by any stretch

the BM one is built to resemble the 32" falcon model again not tryign to be a scaled replica

the BM has the docking rings and some engine deck pits that are really good...

The falcon kits has the extra landing gear boxes and really nice replacemetn landing struts etc...

Both are good...

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back