What fabric do you use for Batman capes?

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by MrSpidey457, Aug 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MrSpidey457

MrSpidey457 New Member

I found quite a few people who used pleather, so I decided to go with that. It's okay, but I think for future costumes I'd like something else. Can anyone tell me what kind of fabric they use for Batman capes?

2. LegacyArmory

LegacyArmory Active Member

I used faux leather, it is durable and mildly heavy but enough to free flow in the wind
    IMG_20150829_173353.jpg

3. MrSpidey457

MrSpidey457 New Member

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. Seems like it would work pretty well. Hopefully it'll end up better than what I have now.

4. LegacyArmory

LegacyArmory Active Member

Some places have it for cheap but where I went (walmart) was pretty expensive. 7.95/foot but here is what the texture looks like and what the full cape looks like as well
    received_10207488177027905.jpeg
    received_1055437991151467.jpeg

5. MrSpidey457

MrSpidey457 New Member

Well, I'll try to find it for as cheap as possible. I really like your cape.so I'll probably be going with faux leather. This costume won't be started for months, though. :(

6. STLAssassin

STLAssassin Active Member

Im not sure where you are from but you can order swatches for cheap on fabric.com if you want to compare some different types of fabric.

7. Htofstead

Htofstead Active Member

image.jpg Mine is a cross between polyester and wool blend. Great weight and flows awesomely in the wind. Keeps me warm in the winter nights

8. MrSpidey457

MrSpidey457 New Member

I'll check that out. Thanks!

I'll think about that, too. Thanks. :)