what else is there to use for foam in a mask?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DeadPool2

hey guys
I just wondering what else I could use for foam other than upholstery I have seen half masks with this other type of foam that I think is spray foam if you have used this is it easier to use saying that it fits snug to your head and stays the shape of the mask if its better to use upholstery foam just say so!
Thanks!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

reaver1

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I want to support my mask, to keep it from bending, which I assume means using foam to fill in empty spots and cavities. What is a good solution for this? And what is the best way to adhere it into the mask?

ptgreek

No ..spray foam is bad!!!!! it will harden and collapse. What you are seeing is a two part mixed polyfoam. It comes in different densities. It is an "A" and "B" mix ( the ratio's are different for different manufactures) Polyfoam by nature is an adhesive ...it needs to be mixed fast..then poured in gradually...it has a quick and volumous expansion rate. Most times it is better to pour the foam while the latex is still in the mold. ( this isnt to say it cant be done later) but it will take a bit of finesse doing so. If your mask is painted already, be very careful ..any overpour will leak over the painted side of the mask. You can pull it off of latex, but it will take the paint with it.

DeadPool2

No ..spray foam is bad!!!!! it will harden and collapse. What you are seeing is a two part mixed polyfoam. It comes in different densities. It is an "A" and "B" mix ( the ratio's are different for different manufactures) Polyfoam by nature is an adhesive ...it needs to be mixed fast..then poured in gradually...it has a quick and volumous expansion rate. Most times it is better to pour the foam while the latex is still in the mold. ( this isnt to say it cant be done later) but it will take a bit of finesse doing so. If your mask is painted already, be very careful ..any overpour will leak over the painted side of the mask. You can pull it off of latex, but it will take the paint with it.
Oh okay thanks a lot I was just wondering since it looks like it shapes the pred head a little better and fits snug.
Thanks!