what else can u use rather then ultra cal 30

are you making latex casts from this mold? If so ..I would stay away from any product sold at a hardware store ...you want to use hydrocal or ultracal.

Plaster of paris is brittle as hell dude. If you drop it, or knock it hard, it will break. Just get the hydrocal or ultracal, it will save you heartache in the long run.

yeah there's not much else you can use like everyone else said plaster of paris is very brittle not really
recommended for large casts go with ultracal 30 its really good you can use hydrocal its really just the same
ultracal 30 is stronger than it though and thats really what you want with your molds

What about Crystacal R? I heard its meant to be the uk equivalent. We tend to get screwed here in the uk tho lol Anyone used it? Or Herculite 2?

Thanks Usurper i was actually about to pm and ask you what you personally use as your pulls always seem ace. Saved me the bother Thanks man ^_^

Speaking as someone who has done things the cheap way and the expensive way.
Go with the ULTRACAL for sure. Way nicer product. The molds stand up to a hammer strike. I know becuase i have destroyed my fair share of older molds.
Here is a link to a state by state link to distributors of whatever type of gypsum cement you need.

http://www.gypsumsolutions.com/distributor/map.asp

You can find a local place via this list and save alot and buy a large quantity!!!! And support local buisness at the same time.

Speaking as someone who has done things the cheap way and the expensive way.
Go with the ULTRACAL for sure. Way nicer product. The molds stand up to a hammer strike. I know becuase i have destroyed my fair share of older molds.
Here is a link to a state by state link to distributors of whatever type of gypsum cement you need.

http://www.gypsumsolutions.com/distributor/map.asp

You can find a local place via this list and save alot and buy a large quantity!!!! And support local buisness at the same time.

That's a handy link, thanks.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back