What does Pepmaster/Vagabond owe you?.

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Rebo, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebo

Rebo Well-Known Member

In light of Pepmaster/Vagabond recent ban I feel a few of us have been left with no way resolve our outstanding issues with him. As this forum is able to be read without having to log in (I think) hopefully he will read this post and show an ounce of decency and contact a mod here on how he intends to rectify matters.

It is a shame that it has come to this as he had contributed lots to this section, but it does not excuse his actions and he should do the right thing. It would be better to be known as a banned member who came good in the end rather than have all your bad deeds dragged up every time you are referenced.

I'll start...:(.

I am owed a Craftrobo machine, mat, cutters, and aftermarket aluminium blade head.

The deal:- He was to make and send me certain ironman parts in exchange for getting to keep the machine and parts. I have received the run around since the deal began back in september and have not received one single part to date.
    I would like to see any one of the options below happen...

1:Send the parts specified in the deal.
    2:Return all my equipment in the same condition it was sent.
    3:pay me the £200 that I am out of pocket.

The chance of any of the above happening are slim but you never know he might have a conscience.:unsure

Owed list (I will update if any progress is made)

Rebo:- Craftrobo machine, mat, cutters, and aftermarket aluminium blade head.
    Crabra comander :- Cobra Commander helmet and armor with mold.
    tk1055:- One Darkman mask mold.
    kapow7:- Raw cast of a lightsaber.................Refund received.
    Mosarmini:- Iron Man foam suit or $205.
    Hobo Wan Kenobi:- HIC panel........................HIC received.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

I am owed a Cobra Commander helmet and mold. I have paid him for the helmet. He is in the process of doing it and I hope he is able to clear his name for the rest of these guys.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

One Darkman mask mold.

4. VaultUK

VaultUK Well-Known Member

He owes me a raw cast of a lightsaber Which I paid for on 11/13/2011

I had just got a reply from him 2-3 days but didn't get back to me after that which is because of the ban

5. craden

craden Member

Wow I found this quite shocking? I have to ask why did pep master get banned? I had an order for an ironman neck seal but I received a refund. I hope he does come through for you guys

6. MrGzilla

MrGzilla Well-Known Member

im suprised he got banned as well, i met him at dragoncon a few years ago and he seemed pretty nice, but i didnt know about all this stuff, but in 2010, he had a for free thread in the junkyard for christmas and was giving away some stuff, and i posted wanting the 12 inch luke figure he had, after giving my shipping info, i never heard from him about it again, but since it was a free thing i didnt really care as i thought he may have just forgotten, so i guess you could say he owes me that, but its not a big deal and im not going to hold anything against him for it.

i hope he comes through for the rest of you guys though

good luck

7. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

8. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

Sorry guys that I stood up for him not knowing all the details. I hate the fact that some people don't know how to just ask permission. It's not that difficult. Peps pep file are really good to work with but then again are they really his? I hope he does have a conscience and follow thru on all his deals.

9. Mockle

Mockle Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm not sorry for what happened to this Guy,:angry Sorry for what he did to you guys as well...:unsure

10. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im glad I didnt deal with this guy

11. Ikariya

Ikariya Well-Known Member

Me too. That's too bad. =( I hope you get your stuff back.

12. Laranorac

Laranorac Member

I know he ripped off Volpin a while back...

13. mosarmini

mosarmini Active Member

He owed me a Master Chief suit, but his shop burnt down or something like that, so now he's making me an Iron Man suit out of foam :eek:

14. Hobo Wan Kenobi

Hobo Wan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I didnt know any of this stuff was going on.
    I just received the shipping conformation on the HIC I bought from him.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  15. Hobo Wan Kenobi

Hold on a minute. Were Pepmaster and Vagabond the same guy?

16. mosarmini

mosarmini Active Member

I mean honestly, from me talking to him, he doesn't seem bad at all. I don't know how to explain the lack of his replies and whatnot, but he's helped me a few times, so I can only hope for the best!

17. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

yes he also goes by nintendude.

18. Rebo

Rebo Well-Known Member

He change it to Pepmaster a few months back.

19. VaultUK

I've emailed him just waiting on a reply

20. Hobo Wan Kenobi

I've just sent off an email to him as well.

21. Goosebot 5000

Goosebot 5000 Well-Known Member

He owes me a Batman Begins / TDK grapple gun kit. He borrowed a loaner set of my Halo ODST armor for a con, and then offered to pay to extend his time with the set by giving me the kit. When it came time for payment, his brother had "broken all of his kits and prop guns", and instead sent me a box full of junk. A poor casting of a Halo plasma grenade, an extremely thin latex predator mask, a couple of cast police badges, and some spider-man action scene toy. All in horrible condition, and all had nothing to do with the actual deal.

Im not looking for compensation at all really. Having him get banned from the board and having his deeds be known by everyone is more than enough. Its a shame it took this long to get him gone, and that is in no way a jab at the mods. He seems to have done quite a bit of wrong since he was caught using pictures of work from myself, volpin, and sean bradley to gain himself commissions on cosplay.com. I hate that others got scammed and let down by him. Again, Im not looking to get compensation, just adding to the list of wrongs hes done, and try to keep anyone else from getting swindle.

22. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

No way in Hades would I have dealt with him, after his little stunt with those lightsabre molds.

23. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

No use in flooding his email right now - if I were him, I'd be going crazy over all the requests for updates/refunds on orders - but I hope you guys get what was promised.
    Sadly, there were a few times I have been burned in this hobby, but not often so I sypathize for you guys.

24. VaultUK

What where the issues with the mold cause he sold me a raw cast

25. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

26. Joe Pep

Joe Pep Active Member

So, ok. I am just trying to figure out here. If you got pep files, or other stuff from him and say gave him props, then the props might belong to someone who might never get them, is that right?????????????

27. Fierfek

Fierfek Sr Member

That is correct. To my knowledge he has not modeled a single pep file in his whole pepakura experience.

28. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

SON OF A! I was bidding on this, and lost by 50 cents...and come to find out it was him!?!?!

was gonna use these to send out wedding invitations with...

I no longer want to live on this planet...

29. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

wow lol, so whose Yurick pep did he use and call his own?

30. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

well i think some of you are kicking on a dead dog here.
    there might have been some problems, but i simply cannot support the hating because of pep files.

he might not have modeled most of them, but he went through the work of extracting them from games or getting them from the people who made them.
    so please, keep this reasonable, he provided a lot of pep files that otherwise wouldnt have been made.

NexusFX likes this.
  31. Rebo

Rebo Well-Known Member

+1:thumbsup
    If you could leave the bashing to one side as none of that helps the members situations within this thread. People do the strangest things for the weirdest reasons that seem to make perfect sense to them at the time.

While I may be more than a bit tee'ed off with him at the moment, I still have to give him credit for all the man hours he has spent obtaining and pepping the volume of files that he has released.

Can I ask that you PM me if you need adding to the list.

32. AxiomUltra

AxiomUltra Active Member

:thumbsup

He doesn't owe me anything, but I do owe him a high five for providing as much as he has in the past. From my perspective, it just looks like someone that got in over their head trying to please too many people and just bit off more than they could chew.

Sometimes people get caught up in getting praise on internet communities (rep points anyone?) and well, they go nuts. Some fall hard because they simply cannot meet certain expectations.

It sucks you all got burned like you did, but it's pointless bashing him now. More likely than not he'll return under a different avatar providing the same services and trying to earn praise in the same communities until it all (hopefully not) happens again. So for those attempting to bury his online presence, it's not worth the effort.

I myself don't find him to be a malicious person, just a good guy that wanted to do right by the community but for all of the wrong reasons. It is pretty clear that there are underlying issues that are a reflection of his behavior - whether it's not delivering on a promise or failing to credit someone's work one month then doing the exact opposite the next month.

I hope that whatever his troubles in life are that he'll find a way to overcome them, realize what he has done, and make right with the people he's crossed.

I understand some may want to give a warning to the rest out there. Since some people have had successful dealings with him I say just advise others to deal with him at their own risk.

33. pRoJectEarth7

pRoJectEarth7 Well-Known Member

Amen...:angel

34. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

You should re-read Michael's note when he closed your thread. I don't know, I could always be misinterpreting, but it looked an awful lot like he was rebuking you. I would say you deserved one. In posting private correspondence relating to a matter that was already under mediation, your form was extremely poor.

Sigh. His shop burnt down, his brother broke his models, he's suicidal, he's got a brain tumour, he's angry and depressed, etc etc etc. What have I left out? Quite a bit I think. It adds up to some kind of attention seeking issue or disorder, IMO. One person copping that much misfortune in that short a time? Not impossible, but c'mon...

That was beautifully put. I've defended him a number of times myself, but was completely unaware of the number of issues. I agree in that I do not think he's malicious, but I do think he's a mess. I share the hope that he can get himself sorted out.

He owes me a casting of an Egyptian gold brick from the treasure hoard in The Mummy, FWIW; I basically wrote it off as soon as I sent him the original, though. Never even got an acknowledgement of receipt. Frankly it is a background prop at best, but it is the only screen-used thing I ever owned. Oh well.

35. Mockle

I told Michael to close the thread.

Yes you are misinterpreting, only after he outed himself.. this goes way bigger than me. he is a thief on many Sites all his stories are lies. if you chose to believe them then go ahead.. i waited over 3 weeks for something and as you can see was put on back burner.. all problems should be treated equal. I understand Mods are busy.. go back and read the links My fav is the Clay... This ball was rolling long before me.. you should reread all the threads where he is scamming,useing there ideas AS his own, lieing cheating, stealing from people.. you want to Support behavior like this your choice .. DONE this is a who owes you thread take it up in PM.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  36. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

a) outing himself didn't give you license to breach norms of acceptable behaviour.
    b) 'telling' Michael to close the thread is a non sequitur. Read his closing post.
    c) by accusing someone of proposing position A when what they have actually proposed was position B, you are committing what is known as a 'straw man fallacy'. I did not claim Pepmaster has not behaved badly and I did state outright that I was completely unaware of the number of issues. I indicated I suspect he has a behavioural problem of some sort. Where was my support for his behaviour, please?

Three weeks. Good grief, complain after you've waited years for things. I have without even beginning to think of going to a mod.

You seriously weren't willing to give them three weeks, in the middle of one of the biggest crisis situations the board has ever faced?

37. Mockle

not the bad guy here...:rolleyes
    Was a victim like the rest 26 Dec 11 he was reported
    I knew he was doing shady things
    Like I said had I know I would of chilled. But mods can give out privite matters.and again I only asked.. he felt the need to explain and tell everyone it was him..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  38. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Eh, I'm not saying it was a sin that outweighs his. As we've seen this was far from an isolated incident. I do have a dog in the race myself, as noted above.

39. tictoc

tictoc Well-Known Member

Was this the guy who admitted he was a convicted felon?

40. Nwerke

Nwerke Master Member

Yep. Terrorism! (IIRC)

But you have to judge for yourself whether it was an 'admission', or more of a 'claim'.

41. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Active Member

Per his Facebook writings, that's another whole spaghetti mess not really associated with this thread. But, yeah, he was "coerced into admission"... :rolleyes

42. mikey123mushukl

mikey123mushukl Well-Known Member

My dealings over the last 3 years with Pepmaster / Vagabond / Nintendude have been very positive. I am thankfull for all the pepakura files he made available at no charge. I feel that most of us ( including myself ) modify / copy outright the intelectual property of others. We make available cool stuff that is not readily available or is extremely expensive. Papercraft props have allowed me to have replica props that i can customize at an inexpensive cost. As a plus i also get the satisfaction of having built the prop and customized it to my, or my clients specifications. You hare without sin cast the first stone.

43. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Mikey, None of the individuals here have ripped anyone off Unlike Pepmaster/ Vagabond/ Nintendude. While it was nice that he provided the community the files it still does not make it right that he could rip off the lot of us.

What you are comparing is Apples and Oranges. While the community does copy the intellectual properties of others, we do not steal from them. Look at the list again, and you will see what I am talking about. John took money and items from others and didn't follow through, he then stole Mockle's hinge design and called it his own. Same with the tutorial he posted that was originally written by Skylow. All the while demanding that he be given credit for his pep files.

Actions like that make the artisans in the community not want to share things like tutorials, reference images, and in the most extreme cases the item it's self by not making it available. I am a good example of that as I sell VERY few items I make for simply that reason, I don't want to have MY design stolen by recasters and unscrupulous individuals like Pepmaster.

44. frosty

frosty Sr Member

I was owed a neckseal in the PIF thread, he said it was sent and got lost in the mail, he offered to send cash instead when he had it, i felt bad about taking cash after seeing he'd had troubles so didn't take him up on it.
    I think he's a young guy who got in over his head, hope he sorts himself out

45. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Frosty he is around 30 not exactly a young buck.

I also would like to mention that anytime he got called out on any shady dealings he would throw a fit and remove all the pep files. So much for helping the community, as he held them over everyone's heads like a dang Sword of Damocles.

46. VaultUK

He hasn't replyed to my emails has he to other members

47. frosty

frosty Sr Member

I just assumed he was younger, don't know why, his actions reminded me of the way people sometimes lash out when they are younger

48. patsmear

patsmear Sr Member

It kinds bums me out that it took a banning to out everyones horror stories about him. I to have been burned a couple of times by members that got banned.

In the future, please voice your bad dealings earlier. If he was outed ages ago, it may have saved some of you a lot of greif.

49. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey folks,

as usual in a thread like this I ask everyone to keep it on topic.

Discussing PepMaster is not the topic, he can´t defend himself, and everything that could be said about him has already been said.

So, if you don´t have anything to contribute to resolve the situation, then please refrain from posting, especially when you only want to discuss PepMaster´s / Vagabond´s /Nintendude´s character.

Thanks,
    Michael
    RPF staff

50. patsmear

patsmear Sr Member

Wasn't someone here convicted of that too? Years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.