What does everyone here do to earn a living?

Macguyver

I've been wondering this for quite some time now, even more lately since I've been unemployed & looking for a new job for over 2 months now. Judging by what I've seen here, I'd guess a pretty wide range of job titles. But I'm still very curious to know what the hell kind of work allows others here the free time needed to create all this stuff, while still gettin' paid well enough to afford it & also cover living costs at the same time. I've been working as an Inside Sales Rep for a little over a year now...might soon become an apprentice pan-handler though! :eek:

:rolleyes: What exactly do all of you do for full-time jobs?

If your answer is MAKING PREDATOR STUFF...that's just waaaay too cool 2 B called a job!!!

ALSO, HAS ANYONE HERE EVER ACTUALLY WORKED ON ANY OF THE PREDATOR FILMS???

Last edited by a moderator:
im a tattoo artist in a busy street shop. as far a free time to work on my predator suit i dont get much of that. thats why its taking so long to get my second suit done. im hoping to get some time off soon but one of artist is pregnant and will be leaving for a few months so it looks like once again ill miss out on a vacation. unless i manage to work one in in the next month.

Eh...Been in the army for the past 6 1/2 years. Ill be getting back from deployment soon and will be getting out. Gonna be heading to florida after that for underwater welding certification. Looking into making Pred products on the side. My new hobby heh.

Independent film maker...but lately music videos and commercials have been paying the bills...and I still make some cash from my stake in the stripclub that I used to run.

Sous Chef @ texas state university, work for the Faculty restaurant(The U -Club)and also at their catering dpt

en_la_academia_003.jpg

image002.jpg

I HAD 2 ADD A QUICK COMMENT AFTER SEEING ALL UR AMAZING REPLIES SO FAR...THANKS EVERYONE!!!
CAN'T WAIT 2 SEE MORE FROM ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS TOO!!!

Got me thinkin' :p as well...from all the titles u guys gave out thus far, we've already got most of what it'd take to make...just hear me out on this one (& imagine ur now hearing music like the "Flight of the Valkeries" or the soundtrack from "2001: Space Odyssey" playing gradually louder wherever u r) what could potentially be the greatest indie Predator film of all time!

Bovine13...LIGHTS!
ptgeek*...CAMERA! (probably get the Director's credit too) *Also supplies the staff of "extras" for daily exotic entertainment!
SixSinsFOr66...the military background for the ACTION!!!

Going even further,
ScottAS, carlart, inkmonster, ta2pro...Art Direction/design/creation...just be aware you may have fight off a hundred or so other members 4 these spots!
roninpred...cater fancy cuisines on location
Unforgiven Hunter ...U cool w/ set construction?
Skullsplitter & kwalsh000...Security, of coarse...although, Skullsplitter...U could also do anything u want...so long as u bring a few "special" care packages w/ ya from back home!!! :eek: :) :p :)
Master Hobbs...ya got me buddy! I've no clue what the hell a "curdasy" does, so we'll just make ya a Producer, ok?

LOOKIN' PRETTY SWEEEEEEET!!!

KEEP 'EM COMIN' EVERYONE...I'M UNEMPLOYED & HAVE A LOT O' FREE TIME!!! ("Best boy" & "Grips" slots still open!)

I install HIGH END AUDIO and VISUAL equipment into RICH peoples homes.

AUDIO VIDEO TECHNICIAN would be the proper job name.

Everything from PLASMA's HANGING on walls.

TO full home automation like these pics below.

3 tv's all controlled via CRESTRON ADAGIO system. Very advanced and very expensive. All on one touchscreen remote.

crestron3tv002.jpg

crestron3tv021.jpg

I run an internet technology company that owns several large internet brands and continues to develop new ones. I guess I'm a dot com boom survivor :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back