What do you think to this costume?

M1cha3l

Hello all,

I am currently starting to buy bits and pieces to start my pred costume, I came across this on Ebay, what do you think, I want my costume to be big, really intimidating, and have a real size to it, this costume looks to be bigger than the MR. I one, would I still be able to latex it the same as the MR. I?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-ADUL...006013376967446

Also, I am from the UK, and Im currently looking for UK based suppliers, to supply me the latex to apply to this suit, and some acrylic paint to mix with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Michael.

Hi mate, im also in the uk on the isle of wight. I also looked at the captain america costume but went with the mr i as im 6' 2" and well built so when i finish my suit ill look kinda look like that anyway! so i think it depends on your body shape and size. but it would work the same i suppose but you would have less to work with as to sculpting the muscles from the ones that are already there. also the chest pecs would look quite strange if you wanted realism coz they just seem to be a band across the chest. no real definition. but if you did add muscles on top then that would be huge.

Just today i went and found liquid latex in an ordinary art shop along with plaster and a whole range of acrylics. Try to buy the latex that is more liquid than thick as you need to build up layers. and there is also latex on ebay, but if you didnt want to build up muscle yourself or wanted realism then try the C/A suit and see but i think its the same process. so its really up to you what you want the final look to be. either fairly realistic to the film proportions with the mr i or looking like a body building addonis with the C/A.

hope this helps.

Hi Michael, I'm in North Wales and I also found latex and acrylics in a local art shop, that's now closed down, so I bought my latex off ebay, from Mould Making and Casting Supplies, even with postage it worked out cheaper than hobbycraft, which was the only other place I found stocking latex.

Hello guys,

Thank you for your help, very helpful indeed, I agree about the suit, the pecs etc do look abit odd, and I definately want realism in the suit, not just look like a pred on steroids

I think in the end I will just go for the MR I suit, Im no artist so Im a little worried about what it will end up looking like, but Ive suprised myself in the past with things so maybe will end up ok

I don't suppose you would have a link to the exact latex you are going to use? also how much in litres have you bought for the job?

Once the suit paint has been completed, am I right in saying that you need to put a protective layer over the suit, which also makes it shiny.

Thank you
Michael

Hi, I don't know how to put a link to e bay on here, the item number is 390241543870, 5 litres. Bear in mind I haven't started on my suit yet i'm new to it like you, I think this is the right latex for the suit, having read as much as I could on this site, I've also bought liquitex gloss medium and varnish to protect the paint job, hope this helps.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back