What Do You think about the 1st Predator flim suit?

it was covered in the documentary "If it bleeds, we can kill it" the making of Predator. Never saw the Arsenio footage before. nice find.

Thanks "oneuglymf". I still haven't bought the newest version on P1 with the behind the scenes. I saw a glimpse of it one time but not like that. Wish I could find more behind the scene footage of Predator 2.

To "JehdinThwei", I completely agree with you. I wish Kevin was still around too. I know he would have tried to be at every single comic con he could find to meet more of his fans. I would probably have came up to his waist how short I am. LOL

Nice Find Night Viper! Never seen that one. Gotta' love how Van- Damme Pronounced 'Predator'
Every time I hear, think about or read about that fateful day on that plane where for the first time, Mr. Winston began sketching out the predator I get chills. Goose bumps. The predator is such an awesome concept; it’s like Stan reached in and pulled this guy out from the recesses of some parallel universe. It's truly amazing. Never in the history of movies and monster has there ever been such a magnificent creature created by man.
~Estelle

I'm glad they made a more realistic and bad ass looking alien. I think the original concept artist was going for all that popular horror crap back in the 80s with pumpkin and freddy crougar and all of that. This film has clearly changed people's lives. Great job making sure it was done right!

The old suit wasn't bad, but it just looked like yet another random alien creature... The design they ended up using packed way more of a punch, once the helmet was off.

Estelle and JehdinThwei:
Yeah, I had to rewind that one when Jean-Claude said Predator. LOL That was funny. Till this day, I still believe that the design of Predator is one of the best in movie history. So many unique things. Basically, anything that use to scare the living crap out me would get my vote.

Caçador:
I agree. They were going for the old hit movies style creatures. It looked like something off "The Fly". Another movie I was watching recently that I haven't seen in a while was "Critters". If you all were around in the 80's, you all know what I'm talking about. lol

Blade3327:
I'm so glad that they didn't go with that design for Predator. The movie reaction would have turned out a lot different. Predator with no weapons, come on.......!!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back