What do i do if i have been RIPPED OFF by a RPFer?

jedivigneri

I dont even know what to do... I have had MANY MANY successful sales and trades on the rpf in the 7 years i have been a member and found LOTS of RARE amazing items.
I am not going to put the name out there yet, but there is a board member here from australia, who i believe is preying on and ripping off board members. Has this happened before? Does he think he can get away with this because he is "safe" in another country? Advice on this distressing problem would be appreciated. I will say the item i seem to have been burned on is vader armor...anyone else had a problem with that here? thanx for ur input, long time rpf member curt vigneri

Was this person a AUSTRALIAN? it may be the same person with 2 board names... :(

Originally posted by Jedi Lawja@Jan 20 2006, 03:20 AM
Would this be the same member that had some difficulty filling DS Gun orders?

Jay
[snapback]1163377[/snapback]​

I dont really have a BIG story, someone posted having vader armor that was "cast from original tour suit" for a fantastic price around december. Seemed on the up n up with friendly replies, and now over a month or so after payment i only have a terse snip of a reply saying "sorry, i shipped yur item without tracking or insurance and i cant do anything else." I have paypal investigating and am expecting a refund. BUT if this perp is preying on board members with pretty pics and promises I am more then willing to put the word out... i dont want the rpf community to become infiltrated with ebay style scammers... curt

Originally posted by jedivigneri+Jan 20 2006, 03:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedivigneri @ Jan 20 2006, 03:21 AM)</div>
Was this person a AUSTRALIAN?  it may be the same person with 2 board names... :(

<!--QuoteBegin-Jedi Lawja
@Jan 20 2006, 03:20 AM
Would this be the same member that had some difficulty filling DS Gun orders?

Jay
[snapback]1163377[/snapback]​
[snapback]1163382[/snapback]​
[/b]

I would give the person a warning and let them tell their side before the lynching starts.

If the person is ripping you off, that would surely be ashame.

I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item.

I've had a lot of success buying stuff here and if I did have a problem, I was fortunate enough to do business with stand up people.

FB

Originally posted by franz bolo@Jan 19 2006, 10:36 PM

I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item.

[snapback]1163397[/snapback]​

....that does sound like a good idea....may be a nightmare to administer/manage tho....

talk to the mods first....read the FAQs.

DONT ASSUME anything....just operate on your concern.

Sometimes crap happens and it gets hard to explain and/or the person in question may have screwed something up but isnt sure how to fix it.....analysis paralysis ya know ;) I dont know anyone who hasnt been on that end at some point in their life.

....be somewhat empathetic with the old phrase **** happens and work with the person to try to resolve the issue.

and REMEMBER WHAT MOMMA SAID:

You dont win flies with vinegar or fly swatters.

Even those who you think are scum will often react more generously if you maintain your dignity and keep things respectful.

There are other ways of outing people.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Jan 19 2006, 09:43 PM
I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item

wow, very good idea.
[snapback]1163409[/snapback]​

that would be a cool idea...harkens back to the days of Mara Jades Father buyer rating site .. That's memories . Heck, that's when we were small enough to keep everyone rated ..

Sorry kids, gloves are off, its official.

Former board member "JIKAWA" is back as "NJO DEADLY" and is a FULL FLEDGED RIPOFF CON tucked safe an comfy in australia and preying on our prop community. Id love to see a happy post by mr. deadly aka RAYMOND LEUNG.

curt

Originally posted by Got Maul+Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Maul @ Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Durasteel Corporation
@Jan 19 2006, 09:43 PM
I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item

wow, very good idea.

that would be a cool idea...harkens back to the days of Mara Jades Father buyer rating site .. That's memories . Heck, that's when we were small enough to keep everyone rated ..
[snapback]1163414[/snapback]​
[/b]

How could i have been so stupid... i know, because i have NEVER been BURNED on the rpf before...and i have spent THOUSANDS over the year happily...

the following here is my last lame response i got after repeated emails were ignored. Nice huh...

"
You must understand that once i ship it off the post office takes over, i have a receipt of the shipment. As soon as i locate you will be the first to know. Besides that i can do nothing else I have had no problems with sending items to the states using Economy Air before."

John from DS props is the one who had issues with people on the BR guns and some logan's props, too. The LR prop forums already put the flags up on that guy.

This is a different Aussie it seems. (not that all Aussie vendors are bad)

NOTE:

I do and have always thought that an RPF member who offers merchandise for sale should be held to a higher standard. I say hang the seller out for public opinion so others can make an informed decision. Perhaps it will stop the seemingly endless flow of, "I got screwed" threads.

How such a ranking sysystem could be put in place is another deal and should be discussed in seperate thread.... Perhaps by choice? Rather a "rate me" sort of thing. Any dealer/builder who has a healthy relationship with the RPF should welcome such a thing. It's good PR. :)

ASAP tried a dealer review section but it just never took off. Perhaps something similar here?

Dude, get your facts straight man. I am in no way associated with njo deadly.
I took the initiative to pm you because he is on my MSN list and offered to help you check about your armor shipment.
Why do you feel a need to associate a helping hand with a potential scammer?
And for the record, i am NOT Raymond, i am NOT from Australia.

Read my signature.

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 20 2006, 04:09 AM
Sorry kids, gloves are off, its official.

Former board member "JIKAWA" is back as "NJO DEADLY" and is a FULL FLEDGED RIPOFF CON tucked safe an comfy in australia and preying on our prop community.  Id love to see a happy post by mr. deadly aka RAYMOND LEUNG. 

curt

Originally posted by Got Maul+Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Maul @ Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Durasteel Corporation
@Jan 19 2006, 09:43 PM

wow, very good idea.

[snapback]1163414[/snapback]​
[snapback]1163429[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

How lng has it been since the item was shipped? We are talking half-way around the world and over the xmas holidays I'm thinking, so shipping could actually take 4-6 weeks...I remember shipping something to Italy and it took 7 weeks.

Sadly, being ripped off by a fellow RPFÂ’ers is nothing new. Universal Armor, Paul Francis aka PaulF2000, Tim Pinata (sp?) aka Jedi135, Charles Wallis aka EDC, WolfMorganX, Greg Stone, Rob Durham aka Razor Rob, etcÂ… were ALL RPFÂ’ers at one point or another.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back