What costumes need THESE?

Nibenon

Alrighty, I know Christmas was quite a while ago, but I've only bothered to do this now. First, check out the awesome gifts (people know me so well :rolleyes), but then take a gander at those boots.

They are, quite possibly, the best knee-high boots EVER. Quite comfy and they've garnered many stares from passerby over the past few months. Lastly, I've also worn them to parties (alongside that new fedora) as a steampunk hero/generic action hero-explorer. The thing is, are there any real costumes that use similar footwear? I don't want to modify them too bad, short of changing the buckles or something.

So, any ideas?

For some reason I see Ramona Flowers ( from scott Pilgrim ) Wearing those......

But you're a dude.....so that could be a problem.

Chill out dude, I'm just using your super-convenient Subspace highway...

I think you're onto something with the neo-explorer thing. Just make a new costume from scratch - design something cool for yourself.

I so want those boots!
Not sure on Old Republic, as I can't recall ever seeing laces on SW boots, but they'd really work for something Steampunk, or for a generic treasure/monster hunter type of costume (for some reason I'm thinking of The Mummy?)

Hehe... Well the boots are on eBay for roughly $170. Just look for "knee high leather boots." and Angelus, you're spot on with the Mummy idea. I've already been ordering some khaki trousers and shirts.

JediJayne, also a good idea. Unfortunately, compact body armor isn't my forte... but regardless, maybe I'll just start with a decent outer robe.

Well these ideas are all great so far; I am starting to design a custom hero outfit though. Maybe this will be the steampunk thread!

there was a game on xbox called dark watch. those boots would be awesome for it.
hmm, think i found a new project

Well using a puffy white shirt, a black waistcoat, black hoodie, plenty of red cloth, a spaulder made from a leather jacket and a belt, and of course the boots of awe, one can pull off a pretty effective Assassin.

Man, I am lanky.:lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back