What colour is TDK Joker’s Bank Heist suit?

The14thDr

Sr Member
Hey everyone,

I’m working on putting together the Joker’s bank heist costume from The Dark Knight and I was having a little trouble identifying the colour of the suit that he wears.

In this screenshot from the movie, the suit looks dark grey, almost purple:
2aebe454a9b9327fcb1d21516384dc73.jpg

A different points during the same scene, the jacket almost definitely looks purple, with no hint of any grey:
6a64d64d3fb4e69379badeff19ccd044.jpg

96c1114f2e0cca39fab470ed9230525c.jpg

However, on the Hot Toys figure the suit is a much lighter grey:
abafb07044ffe8d8ce575e304c16e389.jpg

Most cosplays that I see use a light grey suit, so were these simply based on the Hit Toys figure rather than the original costume or am I just missing something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

or maybe enhanced/adjusted in post production, cgi wise,

My thought exactly, and most screenshots from the scene confirm the purple hint.

However, when the costume was on display in Rome shortly after the film’s release (photos halfway down this page: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=48513&page=2) the suit is undoubtedly grey. I think it must be a case of the material looking a different colour under different lighting.

I would have to re watch the scene but it would be interesting if the suit looked more purple at the ene of the scene, just like his hair got more green.

Adam Savage did this version of the Joker for Comic-Con one year. With as much of a stickler-for-details as he is, the color of his suit is probably pretty accurate.

I would think you'd be able to find additional photos which some searching. This one came from Discovery channel's site:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 7-joker-ghose.jpg
    7-joker-ghose.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,932
The suit is super confusing. Watching the film it goes from grey, to brownish, to purple depending on the lighting. Then there’s the pics from the costume on display in Rome where it is clearly grey. I have a nice match of the suit style in grey I am happy with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back