What are your favorite small conventions in the USA?

My wife and I have been going to Rhode Island ComicCon. We've gone most years, though skipped a couple here and there. I actually started going there the year we met.

I was lucky enough to attend San Diego one time though likely never again. Not only was my amazing sister kind enough (and diligent enough) to get tickets for us to attend back in 2011, it was SO crowded that it was kind of sensory overload.

Typically I'd been attending New York ComicCon up to that point and for a few years after that, but even that is getting too big and too crowded. Though I may attend depending on the guest list this year.

We prefer Rhode Island though. The drive is comparable to New York for where we live and while it's a larger convention, the facility is very nice and it's great because we can move around freely and see everything we want. The guest lists are great too and we get to meet our favorite actors/ creators, etc.

Ok I know I do not have much experience at cons, but out of the few cons I have been to here in Southern California... SDCC is way over crowded Monsterpalooza and Comikaze(now Los Angeles Comic Con) are decent sized and amount of people with some very nice guests. This year at LACC i saw many good guests including but not limited to Katie Cassidy, Ryan Hurst(Sons of Anarchy Opie) to name drop a few. Wondercon is nice but it is getting a little more crowded each year I feel like, but still tolerable for a Saturday Con day

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back