What are my options for TDKR Batsuit?

darth pyross

Hi all,

I recently bought a cowl, neckpiece, belt and a cape from coofunkcurly...now what I need is the suit!

I know about the UD Replicas of course...but what else is out there? What can (or should) I go on with?

Last edited:
Get a black morph suit for $45, Buy an Artsee1 TDK suit on Ebay (Legs and torso), cut up the Artsee1 latex suit and mount it on the undersuit. A mesh undersuit would be best to mount on but those are harder to come by. There are other TDK latex suits and parts on ebay also. Just my 2 cents.

People to avoid buying from would be revolution designs FX, Gotham city FX, and mysuperheroguy. They all either recast or use crap material and charge a lot.

I don't know of any other people making this suit right now. I've seen some that will pop up on ebay from time to time. That might be your best bet for now.

Someone recently aquired masters from Hells Kitchen and I have seen posts on facebook about a new offering coming. I got a glimpse of prices and I again think it is more than what your budget is. Until he pops over here or makes it more public I do not want to speak for him.
GCFX is the most afforable recasted or not. You get what you pay for though regardless.

I got armor from GCFX, and it looked like a chimp had poured the urethane. And he got very nasty and unpleasant when I voiced my dissatisfaction. Several parts were missing as well. I've been waiting for a quality set of TDK armor for years. I know it will happen eventually.

UD may not be screen accurate but you can't beat its durability. Plus it isn't that hard to make it more costume like if you choose. I know someone that has had theirs from the beginning and he is still really happy with it.
Pi am only selling mine because I want a new motorcycle and I am getting out of dressing up for the most part unless it is something I make.

I've done a lot of investigation into this over the past year. Hells Kitchen is the only way to go for a movie accurate suit (it was cast from a production suit) but their record on delivery hasn't been great for awhile. There's a thread on here that you can check out for more info on that. Hells Kitchen have sold a copy of their masters to at least 2 other parties that I know of, neither of which have produced a the suit yet. Like drftfan says, until they make things more public I wouldn't consider them as options at this point. I totally agree with jeffp2027, stay away from Revolution designs FX, Gotham city FX (aka GCFX), and mysuperheroguy, I've heard nothing but bad things about them. There is a guy on facebook called Tundra Designs that's in the middle of milling is own tdk suit masters. Check out his page, he has a lot of pics of his progress but I'm not sure how far away he is from offering the suit. Another great source of information on the dk suit is Wellington Batman. He's made his own suit and has documented each stage on his website. Here's the link: http://mycollection.co.nz/batman/index.html

I know one of the guys that has a copy of the masters and he's made a few suits, but has said that he won't be making them anymore. I'm sure others will make this suit at some point.

Another great source of information on the dk suit is Wellington Batman. He's made his own suit and has documented each stage on his website. Here's the link: http://mycollection.co.nz/batman/index.html

Thanks for the plug DarkProtector :)

That link is my build page. I can offer Dark Knight parts but I don't sell complete suit, just raw latex parts that you can trim, paint and assemble yourself (with instructions provided). Here is a bit of info that might be of use when it comes to buying parts: I get a lot of people who ask for pricing and then say "oh that's way too expensive". The fact is that in the cost of the liquid latex alone to make a suit is hundreds of dollars. The second factor is that the moulds to make the latex parts only last for a VERY limited run, before they start to disintegrate, so I am replacing my moulds regular to keep the quality up to my standards. The cost of the moulds is huge as I go through sacks of Ultracal at an alarming rate. If my wife ever looked at my credit card statement, it would be hard to explain. Then there is the cost of the Silicone to make the original moulds that the Ultracal moulds come from. I spent literally thousands on silicone, so although I now have those moulds forever, there is a lot of cost to get it all set up. None of this takes in to account the time spent actually making the masters, moulds, or running the latex parts through them, plus the time spent queuing at the post office to ship the parts around the world. So although there are people out there who try and profit from making these suits, I get offended when people balk at the price of parts as they have no idea how expensive it is or how long it takes. So I do it as a bit of fun and to help recover a bit of the cost of my moulds, but not for profit. I think this is why we see people struggling like Hellskitchen and selling recasts like GCFX, because it's not a business but a hobby. If you ran it as a business, you would need to charge so much per suit that nobody would ever buy one.

That's my two cents worth anyway.

If anyone wants to talk about parts or contact me, please like my facebook page and feel free to message me through there.
https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonBatman

Cheers
Kev

Thanks for the plug DarkProtector :)

That link is my build page. I can offer Dark Knight parts but I don't sell complete suit, just raw latex parts that you can trim, paint and assemble yourself (with instructions provided). Here is a bit of info that might be of use when it comes to buying parts: I get a lot of people who ask for pricing and then say "oh that's way too expensive". The fact is that in the cost of the liquid latex alone to make a suit is hundreds of dollars. The second factor is that the moulds to make the latex parts only last for a VERY limited run, before they start to disintegrate, so I am replacing my moulds regular to keep the quality up to my standards. The cost of the moulds is huge as I go through sacks of Ultracal at an alarming rate. If my wife ever looked at my credit card statement, it would be hard to explain. Then there is the cost of the Silicone to make the original moulds that the Ultracal moulds come from. I spent literally thousands on silicone, so although I now have those moulds forever, there is a lot of cost to get it all set up. None of this takes in to account the time spent actually making the masters, moulds, or running the latex parts through them, plus the time spent queuing at the post office to ship the parts around the world. So although there are people out there who try and profit from making these suits, I get offended when people balk at the price of parts as they have no idea how expensive it is or how long it takes. So I do it as a bit of fun and to help recover a bit of the cost of my moulds, but not for profit. I think this is why we see people struggling like Hellskitchen and selling recasts like GCFX, because it's not a business but a hobby. If you ran it as a business, you would need to charge so much per suit that nobody would ever buy one.

That's my two cents worth anyway.

If anyone wants to talk about parts or contact me, please like my facebook page and feel free to message me through there.
https://www.facebook.com/WellingtonBatman

Cheers
Kev

I checked out your FB page...fantastic job! And kudos for cheering those kids up in the hospital. That would have to be a super-cool treat for them. It would probably break my heart after being in there for about 15 minutes, but I have to think it would be well worth it to make their day.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back