What Am I....mkii ( New Pics 10-01-2012 )

Usurper

Maybe a few people will remember one of my 1st paint ups on my open mouth P2, where i did the " what am i " thread.
I really enjoyed that paint up and thought it somehow worked really well with my open mouth P2, so having a spare mask and the painting bug, i decided to do the MKII version.

Same priniciple with a few tweaks, the MKI was p2 everything, except the paint up. I changed it up slightly this time, by giving him P1 mandibles, and custom teeth.

Again " I " think the p1 ish pattern goes well with the p2 shape.......... well....... or im looking through P1 tinted glasses. :)

I acrtually have a camera again now, but im not too savy taking pictures at night under false lighting, without the flash they look blurry and dark , and with the flash they looked washed out.

I either need to look into some sort of proper way of photographing in low light, or only taking photos in the day lol.

( not after photograhpy lessons so please do not try to explain as i probably will not understand :cool: )

anyhooooooooooooooo hope you like.

thanks
Lee.

wa.jpg

wb.jpg

wc.jpg

wd.jpg

we.jpg

wf.jpg

oh i forgot, i top coated him diffeently also.

I used liquitex MATT all over, then did the mouth/eyes/ears the crease in his forehead and like sweat runs down his neck and behind the horns in GLOSS, ok i know Preds may not sweat, but i was just trying to be different.

lol, hush you will upset the lost hunter fanatics.

but thanks.

lol

Nope, not upset. I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when I was viewing your photos. They basically painted Boars body like they painted the P1 body, so this head and paint combo in my mind would be what he would look like if he had a face.

Now that is an amazing paint up Lee, as great as your first P1 paint up on your P2 open mouth. That would look great next to a P2 bio in a P1 paint theme...

I like the suggestion that this is a Boar Lost Hunter head paint up! Doesn't upset me one bit!

This paint up has got me thinking what a Boar head would look like under the mask. I never considered it in terms of paint.
This is just way cool, your paintwork is getting better and better.

How long did this take you? how many hours?

I keep saying it but putting all the work you did into the sculpt really lends itself well to the paint on the surface. People should take notice and try that themselves.

I think the spots would be there on a boar, but the head pattern would probably be different to P1.

Gene, i rarely time my paint ups, but i would guess it took about 5 hours ish.

When ive woke up and had coffee i will replace the pictures with some normally day lit ones, as the photos above really make it look odd.

Nope, not upset. I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing when I was viewing your photos. They basically painted Boars body like they painted the P1 body, so this head and paint combo in my mind would be what he would look like if he had a face.

;) I was thinking the same!

Thats some amazing work you have there. Nice one, but have to say defiantly leaning towards the Ram. I think its difference between the lower mandibles, the Rams make it look alot more pi**ed off and more aggressive. Both paint ups are stunning though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back