What actor is the best cast as the superhero character they play?

BIKERFETT

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am going to go with..
Ron Pearlman in Hellboy
and
Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark

I couldn't have picked a better match

Also Jackie Earle Haley as Roarschach

What do you think?

kalkamel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Brandon Lee as The Crow. Every other actor playing that role in the subsequent movies pale in comparison.

Deric

Sr Member
+1 on Pearlman, Reeve. and lee. I know most wont agree but I think Val Kilmer did a fine role as Batman/Bruce Wayne given the story and direction of the movie.

benhs1898

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No Christian Bale love? Like his take on Batman's voice or not, his Bruce Wayne is the best, most complex depiction yet.

Chucko

Does Snipes as Blade count?

My choice for the worst cast would be- Nick Cage as ghost Rider. Topher Grace as Venom, and the whole cast of the fantastic 4.

rodneyfaile

Sr Member
Definitely RDJ as Tony Stark. Agree with the others but also like to add:

Patrick Stewart as Professor X
John Slattery as Howard Stark in Iron Man 2

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Reeve/ Superman - everything else is a Pinto

also -

Robin Williams, Shelly Duvall, Ray Walston/ Popeye, Olive Oil, Poopdeck Pappy

EyeofSauron

Master Member
i dont think there is a fair view for characters that were only played by one person so far

sure, rdj as tony stark is great, but would you know if some one else would do a better or worse impression?

so, i think the comparison should only be for superheros that had more actors attached to them.

Mullreel

I know it was a bit part in the movie (Wolverine) but I thought that Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool was spot on. He can deliver sarcasm well.

BritNerfMogul

I honestly think Adam West made a brilliant Batman of the time, same with George Reeves/Superman.

Now I agree with most of the opinions expressed above, but can we include super villains? Because obviously Heath Ledger needs a mention. And William Dafoe as Green Goblin.

cayman shen

Master Member
I agree with a lot of the above, and I'm gonna throw in a controversial one here: Ian McKellan as Magneto. I know in the comic Magneto is hugely buff and blah blah blah. But I BOUGHT him in the movies, 100%

Master Dahark

Patrick Stewart as Professor X
This gets my vote as well-- I remember waaaaay back in 1993 or 4, Wizard Magazine was doing their 'casting call' (a fun monthly article of who they thought should play their favorite superheroes in a hypothetical movie)
When they were doing X-Men, even back then, everyone thought Patrick Stewart should be Prof. X!

*Edit*
In fact, after a quick google search, I found the actual list from that issue! Definitely some funny ones (Wolverine & Cable)

Xavier-Patrick Stewart
Bishop-Michael Dorn
Colossus-Dolph Lundgren
Cyclops-Michael Biehn (<---- AWESOME!!!!!)
Gambit-Jean-Claude Van Damme
Psylocke-Tia Carrere
Sabretooth-Clancy Brown
Magneto-Rutger Hauer
Jean Grey-Nicole Kidman
Wolverine-Robert DeNiro
Cable-Clint Eastwood

SSgt Burton

Sr Member
Wolverine-Robert DeNiro
:confused :confused :confused

No seriously... :confused :confused :confused

While I thoroughly enjoyed Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine, he wasn't 100% spot on for the role; he's too tall.

And subsequently after the success of X-Men, the comic artists gave Wolverine a bit more height. The character was altered to fit the actor.

Christopher Reeve gets my vote as well.

Oh and Reb Brown as Captain America. :angel :behave

Kevin