What a tape on the RAMBO 4 knife handle?

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What type of tape is this on the RAMBO 4 knife handle?

39655856er.jpg

If you look the knife up on the Gil Hibben official site (he made the knife), it says it's wrapped in goatskin. The official knife's handle looks different, but it's almost like the goatskin overlaps to look a bit like the pic you posted, but like ZK said, that looks like artificial sinew that was maybe waxed after wrapping.

Here's the pics I found...
Screenshot_20201015-185731.png
Screenshot_20201015-185757.png

Thanks guys...really not so easy to find the right stuff. ;)
But I think electrical tape or something is very close to what we saw on screen.
I had tape like this on my knife for a long time...but the tape´s glue came out the handle over the time.

Either Howies or Renfrew hockey tape if you want whats shown in your pictrue. I see sellers on Ebay showing international shipping. I use this stuff to wrap new or rewrap unravelled automotive wiring harnesses. Its the same cloth tape. Yes the glue can leak after time. Its a pourous material so it can get sticky after time.

For the screen used knife he used a single layer of 550 paracord wrapped over two thin slabs of leather either side of the tang. Then hockey tape wrapped over that to finish it off.

For the screen used knife he used a single layer of 550 paracord wrapped over two thin slabs of leather either side of the tang. Then hockey tape wrapped over that to finish it off.
Thanks.From what source do you have this information?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back