WH40K-Cadian patern laser gun replica-with a fonctional nerf inside !

TipoTip

Hi !
It's my first post here, so let's begin !
Since I'm from the french part of Switzerland I'll write first in english, then in french for any french-speaking fellow ! So excuse me for the many mistakes I'll do without doubts.
Yo !
C'est mon premier post ici alors commencons !
Vu que je viens de suisse-romande, je vais écrire en premier en anglais et ensuite en francais pour mes camarades francophones. Alors excusez-moi pour les nombreuses fautes que je vais faire sans aucun doutes.
I do a lot of larp and I'm participating in a serie of 5 larp-event taking place during the horus heresy around the 30th millenary in the Warhammer 40k univers.
All players are imperial soldiers. Since the imperial guard isn't already existing, we come from a few different regiments like the Geno or the Himalayan Corps.
We represent lasergun and all gun sort of thing by nerf with a few obvious problems being the range the accuracy and of course, the look of the blasters.
Je fais beaucoup de JDR grandeur nature (LARP) et je participe à une serie de 5 event pendant l'héresie d'horus autour du 30ème millénaire dans l'univers de warhammer 40k. Tous les joueurs sont des soldats impérials. Vu que la guarde impérial n'existe pas encore à ce moment là, on vient de différents régiments comme la chilliade du Geno ou le Corps Himalayien. On represent les fusils lasers par des nerf qui ont quelques problèmes connus comme la portée la précision et bien sur e look des blasters.
So my idea is the build a laser rilfe replica around a nerf stryfe, to have a beautiful piece of prop which can be used in battle more or less effectively.

First step : test with cardboard

I opted for a length of 24" without the stock, which will measure around 10". The width is around 2.75", i cannot change it much since i need to keep the styfe width to fix it strongly inside the shell.
Mon idée est de construire ma réplique de fusil laser autour d'un nerf stryfe qui peut être utilisé en bataille plus ou moins efficacement.

Première étape : Essai en carton

J'ai opté pour une longueur de 60cm sans la crosse, qui mesura environ 25cm. La largeur est d'environ 5cm, Je peux pas beaucoup la changer vu que je dois garder la largeur du stryfe pour le fixer correctement dans la "coque".
20161019_193359.jpg
So here is the first sketch. The stryfe has an acceptable height to be the base of the shell size's so I'll stick with that. I'm just gonna make a basic gun-shaped box in cardboard.
Nothing amazing but a useful step I want to make before using more expensive material.
Alors voici le premier croquis. Le stryfe a un hauteur acceptable pour être la base des mesurations alors je vais rester avec ca. Je vais juste faire une simple boîte en carton en forme de fusil laser. Rien de bien fou mais une étape utile à a faire avant d'utiliser des matériaux plus chers.

20161019_214142.jpg20161019_214252.jpg
So here it is entierly closed with the stryfe in it and a few try of future decorations i'll 3D print. The proportions to my body is alright.
The barrel proportion isn't right at all. I'll have to find larger pvc. The stryfe grip/handle is ok in my opinion, not perfect ofc but not shoking.
I'll have to find a way to make the nerf magazine fit with the rest of the blaster. Maybe a integrated magazine in which I can squeeze a nerf mag without removing the entire big magazine. I'll see.
Le voici entièrement fermé avec le stryfe à l'intérieur et quelques essais de décorations que j'imprimerai en 3D. LEs proportions avec mon corps sont correctes.
Celles du canon sont dégeulasses par contre. Je vais devoir trouver du PVC plus large. La poignée du stryfe est ok, pas parfait mais pas choquante.
Je vais devoir trouver un moyen de faire correspondre le magazin du nerf avec le reste du blaster. On est pas très 40k la. Peut être un magazin non détachable avec juste assez de place pour glisser le vrai magazin, une sorte de rigole. Je verrai.
I'm not entierly sure for the moment with which material i'll build it. A friend of mine said resin could work but i don't really see what he meant, cast my different parts in a mold ? Wood also comes to mind and I tought to MDF or PVC boards (Sintra).
If you have any advise, just share I take all i can to improve my build !
Je suis pas entièrement sur pour le moment quel matériel je vais utiliser. Un ami m'a conseillé la résine mais je sais pas trop de quoi il voulait parler. Mouler mes différentes pièces dans des moules ? Le bois m'est aussi venu à l'esprit et j ai aussi pensé au MDF ou Au Sinistra (Plaque de PVC).
Si vous avez n'importe quel conseil, partagez, je prends tous les conseils possibles pour améliorer mon projet. !

I'll keep you in touch, next step is to maybe try wood, buy new pvc pipes for the canon and make the stryfe fit better in the shell.
Je vous garde au courant, prochaine ltape est d'éssayer le bois, acheter de nouveau tuyaux en pvc pour le canon et faire mieux tenir le stryfe.

20161019_193359.jpg

20161019_214142.jpg

20161019_214252.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back