Westworld Host Control Unit aka "Chestnut" WIP

achromatic

Hi all! I've started modeling the little lightbulb-looking host control unit from Westworld, hoping to get the individual parts 3d printed soon. Most reference material has been the show itself, however one of the show's concept artists, Daren R. Dochterman, did put some of his renderings online, so that's definitely been helpful. Unfortunately there's no note anywhere so far as to specific dimensions of the thing, so I'm really just eyeballing everything. There was one featurette though with production designer Howard Cummings where he mentions that the "pearl" inside the control unit is the size of a golf ball, so I based all my own dimensions around that. Still have to work on the bottom of the thing, but for now it's coming along. Please feel free to offer any suggestions!

Screenshot (21).png

No suggestions here but very good looking so far. I can’t believe there aren’t more people building west world props. Such a great show with so much great stuff to look at, more so the future technology than the western stuff obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, don't crap on the western stuff. I've been eyeing the real black powder Lemat revolver for some time now. ;)

I recently did some leatherwork for Westworld Halloween props, specifically the belt rigs for Dolores and the Man in Black. I didn't go 100% (like the correct Bowie knife, or Dolores's buckle, but I got the 'possible' pouch, holsters and cartridge belt in decent shape. I used Denix guns, and the LeMatt is not the same variant used on the show. I'll post some pics if people want.
I found a 1 1/2" glass marble (Black Goldstone) which comes pretty close to the pearls, but it looks like they are currently sold out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back