Westworld (HBO)

Gimpdiggity

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Aaron Paul is awful. I find every scene with him to be slightly harder to watch than the one before it.

When she set them all on fire I was like “Hopefully we are done with Caleb,” but nope…just a few seconds later he’s back.

I feel like it’s very weird that a character that wasn’t even introduced until the third season has become such a focus of the narrative. I mean…do people like Aaron Paul so much that they feel his boring acting and this boring character is somehow making the show better?

Bernard. Interesting.
Stubbs. Interesting.
Maeve. Interesting.
Charlotte. Interesting.
Dolores/Christina. Interesting.
Man In Black. Interesting.
Caleb. Not at all interesting.

His character is a decided weak point in the show for me. I can’t help but feel if I didn’t see a single Caleb moment, I’d be fine and the show would be better.

Now…after all of my ranting…this episode was weak. We got an hour of show that was basically unnecessary. The only real thing that happened is they powered Maeve back up.

There’s only two episodes left, and I feel like this season is just treading water.

Last edited:

Mottrex

Sr Member
Aaron Paul is awful. I find every scene with him to be slightly harder to watch than the one before it.

When she set them all on fire I was like “Hopefully we are done with Caleb,” but nope…just a few seconds later he’s back.

I feel like it’s very weird that a character that wasn’t even introduced until the third season has become such a focus of the narrative. I mean…do people like Aaron Paul so much that they feel his boring acting and this boring character is somehow making the show better?

Bernard. Interesting.
Stubbs. Interesting.
Maeve. Interesting.
Charlotte. Interesting.

His character is a decided weak point in the show for me. I can’t help but feel if I didn’t see a single Caleb moment, I’d be fine and the show would be better.

Now…after all of my ranting…this episode was weak. We got an hour of show that was basically unnecessary. The only real thing that happened is they powered Maeve back up.

There’s only two episodes left, and I feel like this season is just treading water.
You forgot Teddy, he helped in trying to unlock Dolores..
I like Caleb.. I enjoyed the one step further narrative and in a twist actually got what 126 was it others had failed to do.. Interestingly she referred to him as Your kind and if you have seen the posters it has a red orb being placed into a human/genetic created skull so looks like they are making Human clones as well as hosts?
I think Caleb is part of the bigger picture or a part of the past.
Maybe he is Ford's son all grown up or even a version of Ford?
Interestingly Mauve is now a sort of surrogate mum mirroring her own daughter.
Stubbs always gets the cool one liners and glad he's still around.. I love Bernard but wish he'd loosen up a little, his implanted thoughts and him finding his wife were teary..

I want to see TMIB team up with TMIB or even a younger version of william

jkno

Master Member

Bernard. Interesting.
Stubbs. Interesting.
Maeve. Interesting.
Charlotte. Interesting.

It is a veeeeery sloooow series. The same with Raised by Wolves. Seems to be the new trend these days.

AJK001

Master Member
I've noticed something recently. Back in season 1 and somewhat in season 2 they were very liberal with the nudity. Like GOT it seemed that most of the actresses, and some of the actors, had nude scenes. Over the last 2 seasons I can only remember one or two times they did it. When they worked on the hosts in season 1 & 2 they were always naked, I think they even mentioned the reason for this in dialog, Bernard repairing Maeve in the last episode is exactly the kind of scene they did with her naked in season 1. I'm wondering if this is them trying to show the hosts aren't just objects or play things like in the first 2 seasons or if the cast don't want to do it anymore.

Mottrex

Sr Member
It is a veeeeery sloooow series. The same with Raised by Wolves. Seems to be the new trend these days.

I've noticed something recently. Back in season 1 and somewhat in season 2 they were very liberal with the nudity. Like GOT it seemed that most of the actresses, and some of the actors, had nude scenes. Over the last 2 seasons I can only remember one or two times they did it. When they worked on the hosts in season 1 & 2 they were always naked, I think they even mentioned the reason for this in dialog, Bernard repairing Maeve in the last episode is exactly the kind of scene they did with her naked in season 1. I'm wondering if this is them trying to show the hosts aren't just objects or play things like in the first 2 seasons or if the cast don't want to do it anymore.
That's an interesting point and maybe a mix of both your answers being it's The actors knowing and having more power to say no and interestingly TN is now using her birth name Thandiwe so maybe there is some weight to that idea...

Luckily we were spared "Wrinkly Wild Bill"

I must say yet again, it must have been the roles she played before but I didn't much care for her but as as Mauve she literally knocks it out the park!..

AJK001

Master Member
The producers use the letterbox format as a clue. When a scene is in letterbox, you’re watching a simulation in the sublime. When in normal format, you’re watching events in the real world.
I tried watching episode 7 again with this in mind to see if it would make anymore sense or make it better and it didn't help at all.

Noeland

Master Member
I think the whole idea behind this season was that we would find "The Man in Black" hunting in the real world and not Westworld, though it does look like in next weeks finale episode the host copy goes to the park. But maybe that's just a copy that already lives in the sublime.

Bernard coming to the conclusion that he would fail, but he does it all despite knowing that seems pretty silly to me. I know we have an episode left and I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that everything we saw this season is all taking place in a new park called "Futureworld".

Mottrex

Sr Member
I think the whole idea behind this season was that we would find "The Man in Black" hunting in the real world and not Westworld, though it does look like in next weeks finale episode the host copy goes to the park. But maybe that's just a copy that already lives in the sublime.

Bernard coming to the conclusion that he would fail, but he does it all despite knowing that seems pretty silly to me. I know we have an episode left and I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that everything we saw this season is all taking place in a new park called "Futureworld".
Peter Fonda turns up in a sharp 70s suit or The OG Brynner with an Axe to grind..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.