Westerfieldstudios

torres

Westerfield Studios (owner Robert Westerfield Jr.)

On 8/26/11, I bought 2 HALO costume kits from Robert Westerfield Jr.-owner of WESTERFIELD STUDIOS. When I received them they started coming apart or breaking at the seams (RIVETS). MY son's suit did not fit and my costume was not put together correctly. I had to go to LOWES and buy NUTS and BOLTS and WALMART to buy BUCKLES,STRAPS, and GLUE to assemble my costume. These costumes were suppose to be the DELUXE version so that I would not have to do anything to them other than work on the HELMETS.
I called the owner-ROBERT WESTERFIELD JR. and informed him of the issues and he agreed to give me a full refund. Later I received an email from him informing me he would send me a check for the full amount and have me all paid up by MARCH 2012. When I called him or emailed him about not receiving my check he kept changing stories or giving me different excuses about paying me back. He has now given me 4 different stories or excuses about paying me back. He also has my money and my 2 HALO Costume kits and will not answer emails or calls.
I write this so that the HALO community and others are well informed and not go through what my son and I have gone through with this company-WESTERFIELD STUDIOS-and the owner-ROBERT WESTERFIELd Jr.
Robert

Last edited:
Re: Westerfield Studios (owner Robert Westerfield Jr.)

I've been through this as well, thanks for the warning. It's a common problem that sellers will eat up time until they know there is little you can do since so much time has passed. If only someone would invent a system where the seller only gets their money when the buyer is satisfied instead of the other way around.

Re: Westerfield Studios (owner Robert Westerfield Jr.)

I hear you. There are other ways to let the Great Community of Prop builders know when a ROGUE HALO prop builder is out there and not to do business with them.

On 8/29/11 I bought 2 HALO costume kits from WESTERFILEDSTUDIOS. When I got them really late, and when I received them they started breaking at the seams.(RIVETS) My son's costume did not fit and my costume was not put together correctly. I had to go to LOWES to buy NUTS and BOLTS and WALMART to buy STRAPS, BUCKLES,and GLUE to put my costume together. These costumes were suppose to be DELUXE versions so that I wouldn't have to do anything to them other than work on the HELMETS. I called the owner-ROBERT WESTERFIELD Jr.-and informed him of the issues and he promised to give me a FULL REFUND. Later on I received an EMAIL from him informing me he would send me a CHECK for the FULL AMOUNT and have me all PAID up by MARCH 2012. When I emailed him about not receiving my CHECK he kept changing stories and giving me different excuses about paying me back. He has given me 4 DIFFERENT EXCUSES about sending me a CHECK. HE NOW HAS MY MONEY AND MY TWO HALO COSTUMES THAT I SHIPPED TO HIM. HE DOES NOT ANSWER MY EMAILS OR CALL ME BACK.
I WRITE THIS SO THE HALO COMMUNITY IS WELL INFORMED AND WILL NOT GO THROUGH WHAT MY SON AND I WENT THROUGH WITH THIS COMPANY WESTERFIELD STUDIOS AND THE OWNER-ROBERT WESTERFIELD Jr,

Regards

Last edited:
Its still March, he has some time (forgive me I don't know which excuses he is using)

How did you pay for the suits, credit card? Paypal? You should consider opening up a claim with them. You can use the emails as backup documentation. However I'm not shure how successful you'll be since so much time has passed

He has informed me over the Phone and countless emails with the multiple excuses .
Claims have been issued with CREDIT CARD COMPANY and PAYPAL. This is a ROGUE company with plenty of complaints on the WEB. By the way he promised to pay me BY MARCH 2012.

He has informed me over the Phone and countless emails with the multiple excuses .
Claims have been issued with CREDIT CARD COMPANY and PAYPAL. This is a ROGUE company with plenty of complaints on the WEB. By the way he promised to pay me BY MARCH 2012.

Ah I see, have the CC company or Paypal reached back out to you? It's likely that the bigger issue is that its a broke company vs. a rogue one :(

Best of luck getting your money back!

Thanks for the support. Many different agencies are investing. There is a saying that goes like this: " JUDGE THOSE NOT BY WHAT THEY SAY BUT BY WHAT THEY DO". BATMAN-CRIME FIGHTER. REGARDS

UPDATE ON WESTERFIELDSTUDIOS AND ROBERT WESTERFIELD Jr.-OWNER

FIRST OF ALL , I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT
DURING MY EXPERIENCE WITH WESTERFIELDSTUDIOS AND ITS OWNER-ROBERT WESTERFIELD JR. HIS LAST EMAIL TO ME WAS THAT HE WAS NOT REFUNDING MY MONEY, BUT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY(AMERICAN EXPRESS) FOUGHT A HARD BATTLE AND WE WON. I FINALLY GOT MY REFUND AFTER FIGHTING FOR 6 MONTHS WITH ROBERT WESTERFIELD Jr.

Thanks to all and the RPF for giving me a chance to express my views.

I live about 25 minutes from his place. anything you would like said to him in person? We met once and he offered me work at his place. Never got around to it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back