Welp, off to buy lottery tickets!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got a quote in from a company that does custom design stuff from various sources.

I asked for a quote for my donner crystal in lab created emerald.

$26K. A piece. :eek

It WAS cheaper for green colored ruby though, that only came out to 450$ a piece!

So, anyone have any good numbers to use? :lol

Chris

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PropDoc

14-20-29-44-47 (18)

Trust me ;-)

Seriously though, have you considered using a milled plastic compound with some sore of pigment mixed in? It might produce the desired effect at a fraction of the cost...

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
:lol I already have a crystal company that makes stuff for me, I just thought I would check with a gemstone company I use for the other hobby I have, which is collecting rough gemstones.

They were very nice about it, and didn't bat an eye at quoting me the 26K price, but I thought it was a little bit in poor taste to not include shipping :darnkids

:lol Totally gonna jack these lotto numbers, and hey, if I win big, I will give ya both one made outta the good stuff!

Chris