Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out this old fart Can edit In conversations. That means allot to me. Still miss friend's tho

publicdomainq-thumb.png

When uploading Media it maxes out at 50MB of total space. Also, is there a way to delete media you’ve uploaded to these albums? I can’t seem to find it. Was trying to make space to upload something else.

Follow up question, what constitutes a media upload? I’ve uploaded dozens of pictures over the years and they don’t seem to be counted in my media number.

Hi, just bumping my questions in case they weren’t seen. Thanks!

The only thing I miss about tapatalk and the RPF is that it consolidated my forums into one location. I could check all my inboxes, and browse a consolidated collection of posts across a handful of boards I follow. Now that the RPF is separate, I have to remember to check in it separately to stay abreast of the new happenings. Aside from that, the new interface is wonderful.
wait a minute, so i can't see this forum on tapatalk anymore?

This was mentioned by other members, and I noticed it too. The upgrade lets anyone visit and download all the free paper props freely without even having an account or logging in to the forum. This is a concern, since it would discourage members uploading their work, and pulling their work off the site, thus rendering the forum useless to us. Could you please check into this.

How are people getting photos to show? I just keep getting a box with a question mark in it; tried the share link with multiple photo sites and nothing works.

71C7928F-F036-491D-9187-4E02E4DBC3BB.jpeg

How are people getting photos to show? I just keep getting a box with a question mark in it; tried the share link with multiple photo sites and nothing works.

I use the Upload a File button. That way it’s hosted by the rpf and the link can’t be broken. You can choose to show the image or a thumbnail.

I know this has been asked a few times but I have never seen an answer.

How come pictures take so long to load now. If you go into a picture heavy thread or into the junkyard and it can take forever for all of the pictures to load.

Art Andrews Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed today there was a significant delay in PM (conversations, whatever they are called now) notifications via email. I received a PM around 3pm but wasn't notified of it until almost 7pm. Just letting you know in case this is something you can fix.

We have seen some email delays and have never gotten to the bottom of why some go straight through and some are delayed. Now that we are on new software, we know it isn't the software... so we need to look into what else it might be.

Art Andrews Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed today there was a significant delay in PM (conversations, whatever they are called now) notifications via email. I received a PM around 3pm but wasn't notified of it until almost 7pm. Just letting you know in case this is something you can fix.

Put your cursor on "Thread Tools" (located on the top right of the first post of your thread or the first post of any page in your thread). Select "Edit Thread" from the drop down list.

Thanks - hah - I found it JUST after I posted here...

Okay, so my next round of John Wick coins should be arriving soon, but when I search for John Wick coins in project runs, it just shows my Error Coin run. I can't find my original Run with the non-error coins. Is the search doing weird things ? I know I posted there in December, so it's not like it's a dormant thread or anything. Am I searching wrong with the new system ? Also, is there an easy way to see all threads I have started ?, as that was my backup way of trying to find the thread, but I couldn't figure out how to do that either.

Okay, so my next round of John Wick coins should be arriving soon, but when I search for John Wick coins in project runs, it just shows my Error Coin run. I can't find my original Run with the non-error coins. Is the search doing weird things ? I know I posted there in December, so it's not like it's a dormant thread or anything. Am I searching wrong with the new system ? Also, is there an easy way to see all threads I have started ?, as that was my backup way of trying to find the thread, but I couldn't figure out how to do that either.
To search for threads that you have started... click on the search box at the upper right of any page. Put your cursor on the down arrow located to the right of "More". Click on "Your Threads".

To search for threads that you have started... click on the search box at the upper right of any page. Put your cursor on the down arrow located to the right of "More". Click on "Your Threads".

Great. Thanks.

I've had some confusion with the new Junkyard recently. I've noticed that apart from an "alert," which is easily buried among the list of many other "alerts", there is no notification from the RPF when an item sells, or to whom it sold. When something sold yesterday, if not for the Paypal email notification I would have had no idea. The paypal notification also does not include the buyer's RPF username.

Would it be possible to have the board do something like automatically starting an "I just bought your item!" conversation/private message when an RPF member uses the Paypal buying link in the junkyard listing? That could serve to facilitate easier buyer/seller communication as well, providing a record to both buyer and seller rather than burying the buyer's user name in the "alerts."

I noticed that the Junkyard does automatically debit the "quantity" already upon a sale which is nice.

On the old site, there was a way to click on the number of replies to a thread, which would then bring up a box that showed how many messages each member had made in that thread. You could then see just their messages if you wanted. Can that be brought back? It was helpful when searching for info in the really long threads.

We have seen some email delays and have never gotten to the bottom of why some go straight through and some are delayed. Now that we are on new software, we know it isn't the software... so we need to look into what else it might be.
Awesome. I came back to this thread to check up on that as I'm still getting notifications several hours to a day late on some, which others come in rather quickly, even ones that I get after the first one.
i.e. I get quoted at 11am, I get a like at 12pm, and I get a message at 1pm. I'll get the notification of the like at 12:30, the message at 4pm and the first quote at 10pm or even the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back