Welcome to PROPbay.com! 02-13-2013, 12:48: Hello vimeo! + Overlay Play Video + more!

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/14/11: New 'For Sale' Tab and Filter + Block Comment

Thanks for the cOmments guys!

Hope to see more collections soon! ;)

Last edited:
Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/14/11: New 'For Sale' Tab and Filter + Block Comment

Some really cool props have surfaced lately, congrats bolsoncerrado... LOVE that Terminator gift head listed a few days ago !

:love

Fred

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/18/11: Win a Prop Store Gift Voucher!

This week PROPbay is already one month old and growing very quickly!

To commemorate this landmark we have partnered with The Prop Store who are kindly donating a GIFT VOUCHER of 100GBP/150USD to a lucky PROPbay user.

Here is what you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this great prize:

Upload at least one item to PROPbay that is accompanied with an original Prop Store COA. You can enter as many items as you like the more listings that have a picture of the accompaning Prop Store COA, the higher the chances to win the prize! You don't even need to have purchased the item from Prop Store yourself - it just needs a picture of that COA!

We will then select a winner* at random with odds increased as per above basis and as long as they meet the above criteria, they will win the voucher!

The deadline for the competition is December 16th, (12:00pm GMT+1). A day when PROPbay be 2 months old!

Good Luck everyone!

* PROPbay.com and Prop Store employees not eligible for the prize.

Last edited:
Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/22/11: 11/22/11: New Smart AutoComplete and few othe

Come and try our new Smart AutoComplete!

Now all our "movie name" fields feature an smart AutoComplete function that will present you movie names as you type them. Not only that but will sort them in the way you type the name, but still displaying the rest of movie names containing that keyword! So, yes! it will also search in the whole movie title!

So say you want to see which movies were made in 1986, just type 1986 in the movie name field and you'll get the list!

Or say you want to see items only from Bond movies! just type bond et voilà! You'll get the list of all Bond movies to choose from!

Additionally, now our Item Details view features an IMDB shortcut through its logo which, if clicked, will take you to that movie's page.

We also have added the date the Item was uploaded to PROPbay and the amount of visits it has had!

Hope you all find these features cool, we're very proud of this baby!

Cheers!

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/22/11: New Smart AutoComplete and couple more Featur

Back in Halloween we spent a day with Tim Lawes and his crew, while touring their facilities and slurping our drool one time after another...

It's so exciting to tour a place like the Prop Store, imho worth 1000 times more than Madamme Thussaud's or such! A TRUE historic and cinematic experience

They say one pic is worth 1,000 words, so make it happen!
(our apologies for the quality of certain pics! :p)

A visit to the Prop Store of London - PROPbay.com

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 12/02/11: Introducing... PROPbay's Top 100 Rankings!

We now feature two Top 100 Rankings at PROPbay!

First you can see the Top 100 Items voted by the Community:

This is a Top 100 list of the best ranked Items voted by PROPbay visitors, sorted by oldest items first in case of draw. This list is REALTIME and each Item in our database accepts votes from everyone visiting it, including yourself! You can only vote each item once though.

To do so, surf our database of Items, click the Item you want to rate and in the Item Details, open the popup menu to rank the particular Item based on your taste:

rankmecap.png

Click once on Vote Now and you're done!

Second Ranking is even more interesting: it's a Top 100 PROPbay User Ranking based on a certain number of parameters and show a ranking based on User's collections uploaded to our database.

We won't disclose which parameters we monitor but if you surf the ranking list you may notice users with many Items and a low ranking vs certain users with few Items but higher rank.

We don't want to create any discrimination here, just have some fun and at the same time, reward those loyal users that decide to share their collections, spend time screenmatching them (hint! hint!) and creating nice, complete listings with us, while still being active within the site! So for example someone uploading just 100+ pages of a storyboard set may not rank better than someone uploading just 3 screen-matched items...

In order to preserve ranking fairness and server integrity, this particular Ranking DOES NOT update in real-time but once/twice a day only.

You can now reach both rankings from the header of any page by clicking the image of each ranking title (and at the same time see the Top 5 performers on each category) or by the text links in the footer!

Hope you like them!

Now, can you make it to the Top 1??

Start uploading your Collection now and invite your friends to register and vote for your Items ;)

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 12/02/11: Introducing... PROPbay's Top 100 Rankings!

We now feature two Top 100 Rankings at PROPbay!
(...)

Now, can you make it to the Top 1??

Start uploading your Collection now and invite your friends to register and vote for your Items ;)

So having a bunch of friends sign up just to bump my item to the top is cool?

Tim

As cool as inviting some to yourprops and "favoritize" mine?

Not sure what your intention was with that comment? Make our site better?

Doesn't putting an item in one's favourites on YP simply give you quick access to them for viewing (sort of like a browser favourites list) ?

You havent checked YP's header top right "ranking"?

I think that ranking is simply based on the number of items per user (?)

Im talking of the "top items" list... From YP site: "This top 100 prop list is based on lists that registered users can add their personal favorite movie props and costumes to."

Id ask you to discuss this in another topic though...

Re: Welcome to PROPbay.com! - 11/22/11: 11/22/11: New Smart AutoComplete and few othe

VERY cool! I need to get my collection posted up out there! Good excuse to take new photos!

Come and try our new Smart AutoComplete!

Now all our "movie name" fields feature an smart AutoComplete function that will present you movie names as you type them. Not only that but will sort them in the way you type the name, but still displaying the rest of movie names containing that keyword! So, yes! it will also search in the whole movie title!

So say you want to see which movies were made in 1986, just type 1986 in the movie name field and you'll get the list!

Or say you want to see items only from Bond movies! just type bond et voilà! You'll get the list of all Bond movies to choose from!

Additionally, now our Item Details view features an IMDB shortcut through its logo which, if clicked, will take you to that movie's page.

We also have added the date the Item was uploaded to PROPbay and the amount of visits it has had!

Hope you all find these features cool, we're very proud of this baby!

Cheers!

Can we discuss props from Propbay here?

It claims this is screen matched and it isn't. It isn't even an original prop.

I see no problem as long as this is kept in a respectful and educated manner....

Can you shred some light into this?

We will appreciate, of course.

Thanks!

Please do... I'd really love to see more STARSHIP TROOPERS stuff on Propbay !!!

Fred

Yeah! I second that!! :p

Nice site Man, when I get around to it, I'll be putting some stuff up too :thumbsup

I think what Thomas meant was that the Vader isn't screen used. But it's still one cool piece of SW history and was used in Vader posters of the ANH era and for the ESB teaser poster too. I've been lucky to have spent some time with that Vader and it's one of the coolest things I've ever been in contact with. Makes my Vader look like **** :(

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited by a moderator:

Theres certainly a match in one of the pics and hes not claiming it was screen used... But for promo posters and such.

So lets say its a poster or promo match hehe

We may have to change it from wardrobe to promo instead...

Yes, I must underscore one of the cool things on Propbay is that you can list promotional and crew items (such as press books, posters, lobby cards, crew gifts, etc...).
I personally really appreciate this area of the site because these items are also part of the history of a film and they can be very interesting themselves !

:thumbsup

Fred

Theres certainly a match in one of the pics and hes not claiming it was screen used... But for promo posters and such.

So lets say its a poster or promo match hehe

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it staying where it is. It is Wardrobe, it's been matched to the poster and the description's accurate and not misleading. There is no way in the world anyone could mistake it for the screen used ANH Vader costume.

Cheers,

Kraig

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back