Weathering with Rub n Buff - e11 Example

RogueTrooper

I make a few e11s now and then. Some people want them weathered in a particular way and some want them not weathered at all. I did one recently for someone who wanted it worn reasonably heavy all over. For this I simply use Rub and Buff, just two fingers and a $8 tube of silver RnB ;) I've done over ten of these bad boys and still on the same tube!

If you've never tried it, it's easy to apply, cheap and very effective. It sets very dry and hard wearing. If you want to remove it, that can be done with mineral turpentine.

Enjoy!

FYI Both blasters are DD kits, but one is a 40mm tube with home cast T-Tracks

Love the Ruff N Buff. I use it highlight paint chip effects all the time to simulate exposed bare metal. Just use a toothpick to dab and scratch to look like wear.

Killer work...

If you want to have it a little less silver and more grey, mix some Rub N Buff Ebony in with the sliver, the result is sensational.

It really is a great tool in the ol' weathering bag of tricks. It may seem a little overdone, but the owner wanted it heavy. I don't usually go that intense, but that's what they wanted;)

I love R&B but man it's a pain to use without screwing up some part of your day

You do know it's not to be used for hemorrhoids right:lol.....

Seriously how does it 'screw up our day?':confused...it's fairly fool proof, even if you make a mistake, you can wipe it off and start again....I used to dry brush and paint weathering, know I almost always just use RnB

Thanks for the example rogue , would you have to seal the rubnbuff after completion ? If you want the whole of a resin barrel to look like metal can it be used to this effect as well?

Thanks for the example rogue , would you have to seal the rubnbuff after completion ? If you want the whole of a resin barrel to look like metal can it be used to this effect as well?

I've never sealed RnB because it's a wax so I doubt if you could get a paint system to adhere well.. The ejection port in the pics is all RnB, so you could in theory RnB an entire barrel, but I'd probably paint it and use RnB to weather it.

It's surprisingly hard wearing. Trooping all day with one and minimal loss of the wax.

I've never sealed RnB because it's a wax so I doubt if you could get a paint system to adhere well.. The ejection port in the pics is all RnB, so you could in theory RnB an entire barrel, but I'd probably paint it and use RnB to weather it.

It's surprisingly hard wearing. Trooping all day with one and minimal loss of the wax.
that's what I was wondering about, thanks for the confirmation

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back