Weathering PU leather Red Hood

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang, I’m in need of a bit of help. I bought a Arkham Red Hood vest and jacket for Halloween. But it’s just too bright, especially the red and white. I was wondering if anyone can share experience with weathering the jacket and vest.

I do have an airbrush that I’ve never used but thinking this may be what I need. See below for reference

FCD842C9-84E3-43FA-A09B-14ADD31100AD.jpeg

Hey man!
Sorry that no one answered so far...
I'm far from being an expert on leather weathering, but I had a similar issue with one of my Star Wars leather jackets (the Poe/Finn Jacket from Force Awakens).
I had pretty good results with (carefully!) rubbing the leather with acetone (nail-polish-remover). Depending on the original color of the leather it will either darken a bit (with the white parts it surely will), or sometimes get lighter (a little gable here with the red...)
I'd recommend to test it in a non-visible spot on the inside, because the effect is non-reversible.

Just my 2 cents on the topic...
Good luck!

Hey man!
Sorry that no one answered so far...
I'm far from being an expert on leather weathering, but I had a similar issue with one of my Star Wars leather jackets (the Poe/Finn Jacket from Force Awakens).
I had pretty good results with (carefully!) rubbing the leather with acetone (nail-polish-remover). Depending on the original color of the leather it will either darken a bit (with the white parts it surely will), or sometimes get lighter (a little gable here with the red...)
I'd recommend to test it in a non-visible spot on the inside, because the effect is non-reversible.

Just my 2 cents on the topic...
Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I’ll give it a shot on a small piece on the back of the vest!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back