Weathering PU leather Red Hood

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang, I’m in need of a bit of help. I bought a Arkham Red Hood vest and jacket for Halloween. But it’s just too bright, especially the red and white. I was wondering if anyone can share experience with weathering the jacket and vest.

I do have an airbrush that I’ve never used but thinking this may be what I need. See below for reference

FCD842C9-84E3-43FA-A09B-14ADD31100AD.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Muddler

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey man!
Sorry that no one answered so far...
I'm far from being an expert on leather weathering, but I had a similar issue with one of my Star Wars leather jackets (the Poe/Finn Jacket from Force Awakens).
I had pretty good results with (carefully!) rubbing the leather with acetone (nail-polish-remover). Depending on the original color of the leather it will either darken a bit (with the white parts it surely will), or sometimes get lighter (a little gable here with the red...)
I'd recommend to test it in a non-visible spot on the inside, because the effect is non-reversible.

Just my 2 cents on the topic...
Good luck!

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey man!
Sorry that no one answered so far...
I'm far from being an expert on leather weathering, but I had a similar issue with one of my Star Wars leather jackets (the Poe/Finn Jacket from Force Awakens).
I had pretty good results with (carefully!) rubbing the leather with acetone (nail-polish-remover). Depending on the original color of the leather it will either darken a bit (with the white parts it surely will), or sometimes get lighter (a little gable here with the red...)
I'd recommend to test it in a non-visible spot on the inside, because the effect is non-reversible.

Just my 2 cents on the topic...
Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I’ll give it a shot on a small piece on the back of the vest!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.