Weathering job on legacy falcon, x wing and AT-ST

frosty

Sr Member
I bought a few ships over the last few years, the legacy falcon is a beast of a toy, and I thought it would look better, with a weathering job on it, I mixed up various acrylic glazes and brushed on and then wiped off leaving the crevices shaded, I went heavy on the falcon as I prefer the dirty look for her
4leBnVZl.jpg

On2MK6Bl.jpg

Next up is an x wing I picked up, large scale, with lots of great details, again various acrylic glazes were used brown and blacks, heres what it looked like before
eGD9eGPl.jpg

UWYnFdpl.jpg

finally a quick weathering job on this AT-ST, a bugger to get it to stand, it needs a base really

KJ6e4KLl.jpg

MGdqyF0l.jpg

i have a legacy falcon i bought new in 2008. i have been debating on a weathering/accuracy repaint. right now its MINT but display has left some dust on it (who keeps these in the box???) so maybe its time.
there are some replacement dishes on shapeways that are tempting, as well as accurate quad lasers.

nice work! the x-wing looks spot-on.

cheers, it doesn't take long to do and I think brings the toys to life, the new dish and cannons sounds good might have to look into that
good luck if you decide to weather yours

Those all look terrific. I have the Hero series Falcon that I have been waiting to do the same thing to. Might I ask what acrylics you used for your weathering?

Thanks, I mixed up black and browns into thinned down gel mediums, but just thinned down acrylics will do, any brand will work, work a small section at a time, brush on then wipe off with an old rag leaving the crevices shaded

Really like what you've done there. That X-Wing looks magnificent, have to see if I can get hold of one and copy your idea

hopefully you can find one, thanks, glad you like it, it is a simple process and really brings the toys to life

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back