We were a little to harsh

swift kinfe

We were to big of ass holes to AVP and mainly scar!Now If we hate him so much why the crap!Do we dress up in his look?!Now not the predator in general but remember predator 2?It had an interesting look of predators.So shouldn't the creature be brought down to our own ideas?Sure scar looked like an action figure that could more than likely not happen in a normal predators biology.But look at wolf most of us didn't complain.And it's not like we wouldn't have seen the predators bulky sooner or later?!I just think that maybe we could stop bashing the film(Not saying it was perfect but alright).No alien comments though don't wright those this is just about scar and his buddy's.

I have no problems with any of the movie or fan based preds. each one has at least one quality I like. scar would proably kick wolfs ass. BDE ninja would kill all

Scar had its own look to him, but i though it was overdone.. His mouth opened WAY too large! it didnt make sense, and no, preds are suppose to be more tribal, not industrial. So the whole football player armor was rediculous. Not to mention, they had all of that armor, but it didnt even help them because it couldnt survive the acid of the aliens. Also, i hated all of the teeth on the top part of the mouth. I thought the elder looked fantastic, but scar, looked too animated and didnt appear to be as realistic as the first pred. As much as i love predator 2, i hated the closeup on the eyes. His contacts were too cartoonish. AVP is not a horrible film, buts its definatly not a good one. It was too contradicting, the direction was off, and the acting lacked. I did however like the long dreads, but other than that and the elder, and the bios, i hated the new look of the hunters. WOLF went back to the basics, lean, athletic, few armor pieces but introduced something new (the face and some new weapons). I have no doubt in my mind that he wouldve kicked the SH@# out of Scar. The only people here who search for the look of the AVP preds are the ones who like that look, and there is no problem with it. However, the AVP films were dissapointing on many levels. Sure they brought to the table great contributions, but unfortunatly the flaws out-weigh them. The bashing will never end, because the films did not come close to living up to any expectations. Im glad you like scar, i respect your opinion, but you shouldnt call the ones who dont a$$holes because they dont agree with your opinion. I own both AVP movies and will definatly see more of the franchise's movies, but only because i am a pred fan.

I knew saying scar would kill the wolf would get someones attention. I honestly like I said like them all but will always be one the side of BDE unless nikki tha samauri pred comes to life then BDE samauri will have a fun for his money. To stay on topic I do like the wide mouth on scar and long hair but hated his armor. I saw a bio helmet on predstuff that was called the ultra marine. I imagine scar in this bio with next to nothing armor cause he is big like a football player so he dosent need all the armor. I would have like to soo him as a hand to hand type of guy. and not be able to jump so freekin high either

Hmmm.....
Scar is different from the P1, but then again so is the P2.
I don't really have that big an issue with AVP, besides that it had no gore, scares or suspense.
Then again i am older (a little) than when 1&2 came out and they didn't scare me either.
It did what we wanted was gave us more Pred action. :lol:
It wasn't great but it was alright.
The director (will not mention name!!) is a fan and he had the right intention's but got somethimg wrong along the way.
And yes i do know what the road to hell is paved with,... :)

I agree that there are things that are good and bad about all the preds following P1 but alot of it is down to personal preference. But Scars chin is simply wrong. I do like the wide mouth though. Im not a fan of P2s armour but the creature itself has grew massively on me. I watch AVP everynow and again and I do think they are all armoured up way too much and making it for a younger audience made it lose its way I think. Wolf however was a step in the right direction, shame the rest of the film sucked majorly.

Me, I'm an old fart. I no longer get all specific on details unless they are SO glaring that they cant be ignored. :D If I can walk out of a theater saying that the movie was worth the $8 I paid to see it then its a good movie. :)

I personally like all the movies, ALL of the Preds (I think the differences give them character) and I guess I am willing to overlook certain things.

I guess thats why I am coming up with a Wolf/Scar/P1 hybrid for my costume. :lol:

Bring on Predator 3 and AVP 3!!! I know I'll go see them!

This is why believe people, or at least myself, hated scar from an anatomical perspective
first we need to examine the predators we find acceptable
The predator that started it all
notice the amount of inner teeth 2 upper cupsids, 2 lower central incisors, and 2 lower latteral incisors

the elder in predator 2, fangs are longer, but still the same amount of teeth.

scar has so many teeth he looks like a parahna, not the original degsign, the only thing I can think of is because he is unblooded he still has baby teeth that he will latter loose

here is wolf, as you can see back the original amount of teeth, no complaints right?

If you don't agree, thats fine, but that combined with a very bulky looking predator(not referring to armor) is why I believe that scar and the other predators in AVP aren't nearly as visually pleasing as the other predators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problems with any of the movie or fan based preds. each one has at least one quality I like. scar would proably kick wolfs ass. BDE ninja would kill all

you really think scar could kick wolfs ass? up until AVP scar wasn't even blooded, and wolf has only two teeth in his upper mouth! theres no way, wolf would win..that it! i'm posting a new discussion on this!

I'm not calling anyone ass holes just we were like that to AVP.(please no one take that the wrong way I don't want to get banned)

haha no! I know thats not what you intended! Its alright dude! I was just spurting in the heat of the moment. No harm done.
yeah, maybe a little to harsh.

I hate that aliens are mostly just cannon fodder anymore :)

Scar was cool, in fact I adore the action figure I have of him, so was the celtic, which I also adore the action figure of :D . Wolf was cool because he could whoop some ass . AVP and AVP:R are good movies now just get the aliens right :lol:

When I read the tv-magazine today, I found that they are showing AVP tonight and looked on how many stars it got (from the film-critic of the magazine). And well... I sadly have to say that it only got one star out of five... ONE!

1 star = terrible/sucks
2 stars = bad
3 stars = passed/accepted
4 stars = good/very good
5 stars = masterpiece/brilliant

So, you tell me... was THAT harsh!?

Kotten

There's nothing wrong with liking one look of Predator over another. I like them all. They can't be exactly the same, or it wouldn't be realistic. Do you look like everyone you know? If you do, I think you probably have a great lawsuit against the doctor at the sperm bank! Seriously, I love Scar and the Elder from AVP. The Pred society is ancient, and (even though I know that those involved with the film never thought of anything intelligent to explain it), there will difinitely be differences between clans, especially those farthest away from others. If they don't have the opportunity to breed outside their clans on a regular basis, they will become somewhat inbred and look different from other Pred clans. Look at the history of the Smoky, Blue Ridge and Ozark Mountain peoples if you doubt this. Some of them don't even really speak English any more. When they do documentaries about them, they sometimes have to use subtitles so you can see what they are saying! Also, diet, climate, etc. affects the evolution of any species. Who is to say that the Preds in AVP weren't from a cooler planet than Wolf's homeworld? Also, they could've added a layer of fat in preparation to hunt in the Antarctic. They may not have been so massive on their own world. The point is, I like the differences in the Predators. It lends more realism to the species I love.

There's nothing wrong with liking one look of Predator over another. I like them all. They can't be exactly the same, or it wouldn't be realistic. Do you look like everyone you know? If you do, I think you probably have a great lawsuit against the doctor at the sperm bank! Seriously, I love Scar and the Elder from AVP. The Pred society is ancient, and (even though I know that those involved with the film never thought of anything intelligent to explain it), there will difinitely be differences between clans, especially those farthest away from others. If they don't have the opportunity to breed outside their clans on a regular basis, they will become somewhat inbred and look different from other Pred clans. Look at the history of the Smoky, Blue Ridge and Ozark Mountain peoples if you doubt this. Some of them don't even really speak English any more. When they do documentaries about them, they sometimes have to use subtitles so you can see what they are saying! Also, diet, climate, etc. affects the evolution of any species. Who is to say that the Preds in AVP weren't from a cooler planet than Wolf's homeworld? Also, they could've added a layer of fat in preparation to hunt in the Antarctic. They may not have been so massive on their own world. The point is, I like the differences in the Predators. It lends more realism to the species I love.

if they were from another planet, then why did wolf respond to the distress call? Now don't get me wrong, I love any predator movie, I'm a huge fan and nothing anyone says can change my mind. But I was disapointed that the movie didn't stick to tradition, in predator 2 at the end in the ship, that was one of the best scenes, all those differn't predators, but they all looked cool. They weren't bulky, no layer of fat is needed, the mesh on their bodies is a climate control. When I think of predators I think of sleek well toned aliens, not giant bulky top heavy monsters. I was glad to see them get back to the original look in requiem. Like I said, I loved AVP, the best part for me was the scar lex team up, although you'll find hard core fans against that. But thats the fangirl in me. It would have been the best if they would have stuck to the comic book story, nothing can top that. Have you read AVP prey?

Read AVP:prey?? o_O
Hell yes!!, when i am not watching any pred/alien-AVP/R dvd's i am reading the 1st Graphic novel or reading the Novel by S.Perry.
Read them so much the covers are ready to fall off
Do people think i am i a pred freak:Yes!!, do i care NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: ;) ;)
Anyway back to topic,...

The original Pred is fantastic. Predator 2 (& the elder) again is fantastic. The AVP Predators (besides Celtics bio and the elder) were in my opinion very average. Wolf is just as impressive as Predator 1 & 2.

I mean i was reading up on it, and i dont even think stan winston liked the AVP preds as in an interview it said, "In 2004, he expressed great disappointment when Director, Paul W.S. Anderson, did not come to him for the creature effects for Alien Vs. Predator, seeing as how he designed the Predator, and the Alien Queen. "They're like my children to me," he stated." I mean i feel like he shouldve done it.

Well....I think PAnderson has potential to make a great action movie, it's just that people need to stop giving him all these ****** scripts.

AVP was a lukewarm movie.

That being said, the shot where the pred ship goes over the guy's head and doesn't make a sound was ******* awsome.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back