We have our FemShep!

Jeyl

Master Member
I know this probably is the least exciting thing that can be posted here on the net, but I'm a Femshep fan dangit, and I'm going to celebrate and spread the love across the galaxy!

Few minutes ago, BioWare just debuted the official look of the female Shepard that will be used for publicity and marketing purposes.

attachment.php

And here is a picture of Jennifer Hale, voice of female Shepard holding an art piece of female Shepard based on the winning results.

attachment.php

attachment.php

:eek:$:love:love

Thank you and good day.

I thought this thread was about Female robotic sheeps.... FemBot---female robots
Femshep---Female robotic sheeps

Excellent. Jennifer Hale is one of those weird crushes that's hard to explain to people...but she's Femshep AND Bastila Shan!...games are weird. So glad to see something other than Commander Stubble. I've been at GameStop corporate for a while, and he's everywhere. Staring blankly.

Jennifer Hale is one of my favorite voice actresses and i have to admit that i've only played through ME 1 and two once with a male shep, all the others are femsheps. I like this design of her, and extra points for being a redhead.

I tried playing as female, but it sounds like Bastila. So as far as I'm concerned Shepard is male. Plus all the other faces looked like crap.

I tried playing as female, but it sounds like Bastila.

Femshep sounds like Bastila? From Knights of the Old Republic? No she doesn't. Jennifer Hale plays Bastila with a completely different accent, and if you were to compare both performances in how each character handles crucial situations, Bastila sounds a lot less professional and experienced when compared to Shepard's stern and commanding presence.

So as far as I'm concerned Shepard is male.

Well as far as I'm concerned, my female Shepard woos the ladies better than yours. :angel

Plus all the other faces looked like crap.

I guess that's why I like Mass Effect so much because unlike KOTOR, we are the writers of this story and the designer of the characters. We don't have to go with those crappy looking faces Bioware gives us. We can make our own! This FemShep that was unveiled isn't meant to tell people that this is what the female Shepard should look like, but to give the female Shepard an opportunity to have her spotlight and showcase the Jennifer Hale's great talent when they eventually release a trailer dedicated towards her. That's what I'm most excited about. Acknowledgement that she exists!

Last edited:
Meh, I like playing Commander Scar Stubble better. It's less awkward when I hit on Tali.:lol

But Femshep coudn't hit on Tali in ME1 or ME2. How is it less awkward when there isn't any awkwardness period? I think you just like to have a relationship with Tali just so you can make her feel sick you mean person you. Although, there is a slight chance FemShep may just get together with Tali in ME3 if things go smoothly... That'd be great...

*fingers crossed*

*EDIT: Hey, alright! 1138 post! I am THX!

Given how many relationships shep can have in one game he/she is like Captain kirk except no green alien chicks. Unless tali's green.

Given how many relationships shep can have in one game he/she is like Captain kirk except no green alien chicks. Unless tali's green.

:angry

Oh, no. You're not bringing that ignorant assumption into this discussion. The original Kirk, he never got it on with any green alien chick in either the original series, movies or even in the spinoff animated TV show. It's like saying it's not Shepard until he/she romances a Krogan. Never happens, but that's what everyone assumes happens. Although, that may change in ME3. :O

And with the exception of maybe the Enterprise herself, Kirk never intentionally cheated on anyone in the same story or wanted to have a ménage à trios the way Shepard did. Aww, heck. Even Bioware confirmed that maleshep can be gay/bi in ME3. Kirk never did anything like that. :cool

WOOT! REDHEAD FEMSHEP FTW! My custom is a redhead who looks just like this one, so therefore, this was done because BioWare loves me so much :lol:lol:lol:thumbsup

With games like this, I'm sometimes torn with playing a male character so I can be the manly hero, but then I think I'd much rather have a hot female character on screen at all times! I love the ME games; I ended up playing ME2 a second time as a biotic rather than a pure soldier...jury is still not in on my preference. I'm still curious to see the romance impacts in ME3 based on whether I was unfaithful in ME2. I have a couple of save points just in case it's really bad...

Femshep sounds like Bastila? From Knights of the Old Republic? No she doesn't. Jennifer Hale plays Bastila with a completely different accent, and if you were to compare both performances in how each character handles crucial situations, Bastila sounds a lot less professional and experienced when compared to Shepard's stern and commanding presence.

Not the accent just her voice. I can't explain it, but her tone still sounds the same to me.

So by that logic, does seeing a familiar actor playing a different role bother you in the same way, live-action and voice? I just don't see how this could be bothersome.

It certainly can, depending on the actor. For both my wife and I, we have a hard time seeing Indiana Jones, er, Han Solo, um, Harrison Ford in anything. Morgan Freeman, as much as I love his voice, is getting pretty close to that territory as well; just hearing him narrate the intro to the new Conan took me out of the movie (and let's not get into any more discussions about that film here :lol ).

As for the new Shepard, I love the design. I really need to pull these games out again; haven't had a whole lot of time for gaming lately. :wacko

So by that logic, does seeing a familiar actor playing a different role bother you in the same way, live-action and voice? I just don't see how this could be bothersome.

Yes. I had a hard time with Martin Sheen playing TIM. The voice is just too distinct. It's different with TV/movies though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back