WD-40 safe for removal of old gle from ABS ARMOR?

Egon Spengler

Master Member
I have all kinds of junk on the interior of my Stormtrooper armor. Hot glue, glue from duct tape, glue from Foamies stickems. Glue from velcro. I'm thinking of selling my stormtrooper armor and more than likely will, but I want the thing to be as clean as possible.

What can I use to really get this junk off here?

Goop Gone or whatever its called didn't do jack for me before.

Try the one called "Goof Off" (get the one in the cans, not the spray) that's the one with the solvent you want.(xylene and methelene chloride) -not to be confused with "Goo Gone" which is citric acid based. Just be very careful. Use sparingly. Too much can dissolve paint and can melt the plastic if used excessively. Test areas first. Be careful around vinyl decals. Use in a well ventilated area. Peel off any large amts of hot glue that you can first..(The stuff works great. I use it all the time..) I've also found that Simple Green works great for dirt cleanup esp if you ever want to get red stains out of wht. plastic..

Jayn

Have you tried plain rubbing alcohol? I used this to remove painting errors (frown and tears) on my trooper helmet ... it worked well, and didn't react with the ABS. I've used alcohol in the past to remove sticky residue from car windshiled stickers, so it seems like it should work. :)

ATM
ShackMan

Originally posted by DarkLordVader@Jan 31 2006, 03:08 PM
WD-40 is ABSOLUTELY 100% safe when using it on ABS then? I really cannot take ANY chances.
[snapback]1172787[/snapback]​

Absolutely....worst it will do is not work on some things. After removal of the desired residue I'd recommend giving the area a shot of 409/Fantastic to clean the area. And use a cloth towel as paper towels scratch ;)

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back