Waverly (MST3K) head at Hobby Lobby, and 3D printing Waverly

OB10

Sr Member
Just as a heads up, Hobby Lobby has a set of beach toys that has Waverly's head (little watering can) in it. Beach Toys With Mesh Bag | Hobby Lobby | 5256557 I expect as summer approaches, more stores and online shops will start carrying the beach and sand castle toys that were used in Waverly. I started looking a few years ago, and this is the first time I've had any luck. There was a GREAT thread on botbuilders.info (RIP :eek:) a few years back with some Amazon links to various sand castle building sets used in building him. Did I save those links? No. Were the products still in stock when I finally noticed? No. Did I save any pictures or useful descriptions? (Waaaait for it....) No. I also should have spent every waking hour for weeks on end archiving all the info and pics on botbuilders.info before it evaporated. Did I? You know the answer. Some pics and info might still be pulled at a very tedious pace on The Wayback Machine. Someday...

Anyway, on to 3D printing Waverly. One of the threads on Botbuilders was on reverse engineering and 3D modeling Waverly, IIRC. Those or similar files were posted on Thingiverse. And since Thingiverse seems bound and determined to lose whole rafts of information, or piss off enough of the people who post things there, the Waverly files aren't there anymore. Go figure. Anyway, fortunately they are still on archive.org. M Waverly articulated action figure (2859818) : David Packman (Packratt2k) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive, to be specific. I had to get them there since there are SO MANY cool things to download from Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory, etc., and a person has to sleep once in a while. Anyway, I got them from Archive and sliced them, and the files all seem to be good. No idea if they're the right size, though. Hence my glee at finding an actual Waverly's head to see if I need to rescale the 3D models and reslice everything. Again.

The beach toy set at Hobby Lobby has been on sale for the last couple weeks.

Obi-Bob

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back