Waterproofing A Material Muscle Suit

Double H

Sr Member
Hello guys and gals,

I know there have been several threads about using a material muscle suit a.k.a rambo suit etc for a pred skin but after about an hour of searching through threads from the past, I have been unable to find any information about how to make a material suit waterproof or at-least a lil water resistant. I was looking at this doing this as Halloween is fast approaching and the weather this time of year can be a lil unpredictable (especially in the UK - Indian summer one minute, freezing and raining the next).

I know that a material suit can never be made fully water resistant (or at-least not without using latex) but was just looking at ways of making a lil resistant so as to stop the colours smudging, blending or running and potential ruining the skin and whole pred image if the weather decided to rain or the suit got damp etc.

Any ideas guys? Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Double H

I don't know how waterproof Liquitex gloss medium and varnish is, it does the same job as Perma wet, or, as yours is cloth not latex, what about the spray used to waterproof tents before you use them?

Didn't think about the spray they use to waterproof tents thanks, any idea what thats called?

I have also heard of a silicone spray sealant, this is apparently used to waterproof jackets. Not sure if it will be any good though

I was planning on making a latex costume this year but money and time run out so will looking at doing that after christmas lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back