Not quite sure if this is the right place but her I go anyways. I am making a Pipboy. But not just any Pipboy: a Wastelanders Pipboy. This Pipboy is what I think a Wastelander might make to approximate a Pipboy after only hearing about it or maybe even finding some manuals or broken ones. It's going to have a GPS system, a Geiger counter, an inventory system, a radio, and some health stuff, namely a heart rate monitor and a muscle sensor (if i can find a use for it.) The crown jewel though: an MP3 player with a custom cartridge storage system. All this is going into tins that I may be able to screen print the Mentats logo on. So far I have the enclosure started and an MP3s decoder wired and programmed, (it just won't work right). This version came about mainly because I like tins and tactile switches and such.
- Main tin Primary Source: Adafruit. This is my first stop for project sourcing.
- Main tin Secondary Source: Amazon. this is a general search for hinged tins. best part? there is no right answer! choose the tins you want, just be aware of what you have to fit in it. For example, at the core is a Raspberry Pi 4 with Qt Pys from Adafruit acting as controllers for the breakouts. The large tin can hold my display and Pi easily, the small tin is just right for the Arduino footprint.
- Secondary tin PS: any retailer that sells Altoids.
- Secondary tin SS: Adafruit. The Amazon link is a good one too.
- Screws and nuts: any will do. I used M3 thread screws with brass stand offs