Wash's green coveralls possibly identified.

Harry Bardwell

Ok guys, here it is I think his green flightsuit is acctually a pair of green Red Kap brand coveralls, first we start with the garment itself.
FireFly-S1-053.jpg
WWStopjumpsuit.jpg

Ok, I couldn't find any better shots (I might can screen cap some, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet). Lets look at some identifying traits of his coveralls.
1. Appears to have a zippered closure
2. Snap at the top
3. No sleeve or leg adjusters
4. A small angle (not rounded or square) at the bottom corners of the breast pockets
5. No pocket flaps
6. No externally view able pockets at the waist(many coveralls have the pockets stitched to the outside)
7. No belt loops (although its hard to tell with the Hawaiian shirts in the way)

I did a lot of searching and the only coveralls I have found that meet all these criteria are the Red Kap coveralls. take a look and tell me what you think.
CT10_SPRUC.jpg
redkapcoveralls_zps42cc8572.jpg
See they seem to match every criteria, and they come in green, this is the only pic of the green one I could find though, so i don't know how show accurate it is or if it would need to be tweaked.
green_zps4c389373.jpg
So what do you guys think, have I found it?

Yep, the Red Kap ones are the right brand. Unfortunately, they don't make them in tall sizes until you hit a 42" chest, so they don't make one that fits me. I tried on a 40 regular a couple months ago and was greeted with that distinct jumpsuit discomfort.

Also, his orange flight suit is a modern USAF orange flight suit that's been heavily distressed, and his sleeveless one from the pilot is a Vietnam era USAF flight suit.

Oh, was this already known? I couldn't find any real definative info on the green suit. Well at least the info is out now. Can't stop the signal as they say.

I narrowed it down back in October when I finally got a pair of his shoes to go with my Hawaiian shirts. I never actually made a post about it, though.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back