Washing your VADER SUIT. What do U do?

Jack Bauer

Sr Member
So Each and every time I wear the Rubies Supreme I sweat off about 495 lbs. :lol

I fabreeze it down. Throw it in my trunk and when i get home I use the shower to hose it down. Then air dry.

What recomendations do you folks have? What do YOU do to wash your Vader Undersuit? The cape I would have Dry Cleaned. Robe, same. Can this undersuit be machined washed?

Tips, tricks, ideas? What do YOU do?

Well my undersuit is leather, what I do is take it out and let it air overnight then I wipe it down and use febreeze then wipe it down with a leather protectant that keeps the leather soft and flexible.

If you are going to machine wash, use delicate cycle. I cant see why you wouldnt be able to, it's only quilted fake leather. Should be fine.

Hey Jack i was only thinking about this last night, you beat me to it, has anyone actually washed theirs in a machine and what was the result. Also, what leather stuff do you use (to protect/feed the leather) also, is this useful for the rubies as it is fake leather?

Mine is quilted pleather, with a cotton batting on the inside. I have put it through the washing machine on delicate cycle numerous times, followed by hanging it to air dry aftwerward, and it's still holding up just fine. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I always turn the suit inside out before I wash it and I leave it that way to air dry as well.

Regarding my cape and inner robe, I have the cape dry cleaned, but I also put the inner robe through the washing machine on delicate cycle. And, I even put it through the dryer on low heat and then promptly take it out when it's done and let it hang so as to keep it from wrinkling. Again, seems to work just fine.

Hope this helped some. :)

Originally posted by Darth Domain@Oct 22 2005, 03:36 AM
Hey Jack i was only thinking about this last night, you beat me to it, has anyone actually washed theirs in a machine and what was the result. Also, what leather stuff do you use (to protect/feed the leather) also, is this useful for the rubies as it is fake leather?
[snapback]1101563[/snapback]​

I washed mine last night on the delicate cycle. Not a problem, no damages whatsoever. I hung it to dry last night and this morning it is almost dry enough to wear again. I had a eight hour event this past Saturday and let me tell you, it had to be washed after that. :)

This is a great thead. I'm a newbie here and am putting together a Vader costume. While mainly thinking of screen accuracy, I've also thought of comfort with fans and whatnot inside the helmet. LOL, the one thing I hadn't thought of is how to clean it after it got hot and sweaty.

Originally posted by DLove23@Nov 8 2005, 10:23 PM
This is a great thead.  I'm a newbie here and am putting together a Vader costume.  While mainly thinking of screen accuracy, I've also thought of comfort with fans and whatnot inside the helmet.  LOL, the one thing I hadn't thought of is how to clean it after it got hot and sweaty.
[snapback]1112632[/snapback]​

You know what they say... cleanliness is next to godliness. :D

Originally posted by DarthKahnt+Nov 7 2005, 01:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Nov 7 2005, 01:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Domain
@Oct 22 2005, 03:36 AM
[snapback]1101563[/snapback]​

I washed mine last night on the delicate cycle. Not a problem, no damages whatsoever. I hung it to dry last night and this morning it is almost dry enough to wear again. I had a eight hour event this past Saturday and let me tell you, it had to be washed after that. :)
[snapback]1111320[/snapback]​
[/b]
Yep, it sure draws out the sweat, i did a kids party where i had to duel with 20 kids, i must have lost about 7 pounds in fluids (put it back on again after with a cold one or two though) :p

Ive never washed mine. It has mold and mildew on the inside but Ive learned to live with it :lol

Just kidding ----dry clean inside out

I wouldn't risk putting my leather suit through any kind of wash... Dryclean or not. I padded up and made sure not a drop of sweat made it onto the suit.

But that's just me. :lol

Originally posted by CTF@Nov 10 2005, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't risk putting my leather suit through any kind of wash... Dryclean or not. I padded up and made sure not a drop of sweat made it onto the suit.

But that's just me.  :lol
[snapback]1114104[/snapback]​

Geez man, you must roast in the suit in that case. :)

You guys might consider the special breathable clothing made for wear under police body armor. There are a variety of "cool suits" that promote air circulation under a 4 pound bullet resistant vest. Should help with any clothing/armor that restricts circulation, and it isn't all that expensive. Check out Gall's police supplies online or go to a local police uniform store.

Originally posted by dark shadow@Nov 10 2005, 11:48 PM
Ive never washed mine.  It has mold and mildew on the inside but Ive learned to live with it :lol

Just kidding ----dry clean inside out
[snapback]1113965[/snapback]​
:eek:

Mine is real leather.

AFter an event, I turn it inside out and febreeze it. After a few days, I turn it right side out and use a leather protectrorant on the outside.

1. Buy a Leather suit. It can be Dried cleaned. But the GREAT THING ABOUT IT.. IT BREATHS ;)
2. Buy a Cotton Blend Cape and and not wool.
Wool is hard to maintain. It can wrinkle easily in humid enviroment and it needs special care. It can also shiring if you wash it to hard. Also the facbric has a tendence to get allot of material atached to the cape dust and hair.
If you buy a cotton version buy one that has the correct texture and that is made the same way wool fabric is made. Contact me for more info about this if you want. It is also lighter and it is not as heavy. It FLOW PERFECTLY if is not that warm.

3. Use a Spandex suit before taking on the leather suit.
The syntetic fiber drives the moist away from your body so your body feels good when wearing. Also it will take also take some sweat.

4. Shower before you wear it :) :) This should maybe be nr1.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back