Washing your VADER SUIT. What do U do?

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
Originally posted by TMP@Dec 6 2005, 08:49 PM
3. Use a Spandex suit before taking on the leather suit.
The syntetic fiber drives the moist away from your body so your body feels good when wearing. Also it will take also take some sweat.

I have found the Under Armour suit to be superior than regular spandex. Just my opinion.

vaderfanforever

I also have pleather suit. When I first got it, after an event, I just turned it inside out and Fabrezzed the hell out of it. Now, I wash it after every troop. It comes out smelling great becuase I use the new Tide w/Fabreez. Works every time.

Now all I have to worry about is the smell of the foam padding in my bucket. I have tried to fabreez that as well, but every time I go to put it on, it almost makes me :eek:
I also use Underarmor.. Fantastic stuff. My suit is much less sweatly when I am done.

However, I am not too sure about the new Rubies suit. I have heard that it is not made very well, therefore would probably crumble if washed.

Eli

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
Originally posted by vaderfanforever@Dec 7 2005, 09:44 PM
However, I am not too sure about the new Rubies suit. I have heard that it is not made very well, therefore would probably crumble if washed.
[snapback]1131129[/snapback]​

As I stated before, I have washed my Rubies suit on the delicate cycle, I have done it actually several times now and I have not had a problem with it. It washes very well.

Jumpin Jax

Sr Member
As I stated before, I have washed my Rubies suit on the delicate cycle, I have done it actually several times now and I have not had a problem with it. It washes very well.
Hope so, mine is in the wash right now :confused Got it in the mail the other day..... IMPREGNATED with cigarette smoke:sick. Febreezed; nothing. Air freshener/anti bacterial spray; nothing. Can't dry clean according to the label, so here's hoping. Next stop, gas and a match.

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Question for all you Fabreezers:

You know all that product does is make smelly stuff not smelly, right? It's not a cleaner. Meaning the sweat is STILL ON THERE.

MaulWalker

Sr Member
I

Now all I have to worry about is the smell of the foam padding in my bucket. I have tried to fabreez that as well, but every time I go to put it on, it almost makes me :eek:
Eli

I read that Cirque du Soleill uses cheap vodka to wipe out their headdresses after every performance. The vodka kills the bacteria, cleans, and deodorizes. You might try it on your helmet.

LYnn

Contec

Master Member
Don't use Bleach.......

whitedarthvadersc1.png

Anomaly

first thing id suggest is ditching the cheap fake leather suit.
real leather, a phase change cooling vest....and then you wont have a swampy sweatsuit after every troop ;)

PadawanLearner

Jumping Jax, my experience with smoke smell is you just have to hang it somewhere to air out, not in a closed closet but somewhere open.
You can try the Vodka and water mix, but I don't think it'll do any better than the Febreeze.

Anomaly what is a phase change cooling vest?

Anomaly

First thing I'll do when one comes along for $45. For now I'll be realistic.

got my phase change cooling vest lightly used, and in great shape.
$46 shipped.

phase change cooling, is a vest that contains a special liquid in built in sacks.
Unlike ice, which will be too cold, and melt quickly....this liquid, when frozen for 20 minutes, will maintain a constant comfortable 60*F for up to 3 hours.

Jumpin Jax

Sr Member
got my phase change cooling vest lightly used, and in great shape.
$46 shipped.

phase change cooling, is a vest that contains a special liquid in built in sacks.
Unlike ice, which will be too cold, and melt quickly....this liquid, when frozen for 20 minutes, will maintain a constant comfortable 60*F for up to 3 hours.
Leather suit, dude.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.