Was there ever a Landram model?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if they made a miniature Landram for Battlestar Galactica?

And for that matter, does anyone know what happened to the full-scale Landram?

Just all curious out here.

-Gordon :confused

Mark Bradley built a nice one a while back, I think it was in scale with his TOS shuttle replica. I don't know if it ever got molded/kitted though.

landram2.jpg

landram3.jpg

landram1.jpg

So I have this wild idea to call up Universal Studios transportation department and ask about the original full-scale snowcat landram.

What do you think?

-Gordon

Well, it looks like I'll be building one of my own.

I'll probably build it 12" long or bigger and consider putting a remote-controlled tank or something in there to motivate it.

There's probably no such thing as a "studio scale model " of the landram, but I'll try my best to make somethign that LOOKS like a studio scale model.

-Gordon

Okay...

I just got off the phone with the transportation department at Universal Studios.

The guy who I talked to admitted that he didnt work there when they were doing Galactica (but that was almost 30 years ago now so no big surprise there). What he said was that he recalls the landram being there when he first started, but that it was "scrapped a few years back".

What exactly THAT means is anybody's guess. I didn't have a chance to press him for more details. He didn't seem too interested in answering questions. Probably union.

I'll keep researching. I sent an email to the Universal Transportation Department head and asked about the Landram and those cycles they used on Galactica 1980 (Land Probes).

We'll see what sort of answer I get.

-Gordon

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back