Was Quint English? (Jaws Question)

hunt-for-red-october-sean-connery.jpg

One ping only, please, Mister Vasili.

Shaw was Irish.

His Quint accent was based on yankee New Englanders. A large portion of the quint character was based on two Martha's Vineyard residents. He developed the character by studying these two guys. I know this because less than an hour ago I finished reading JAWS: Memories from Martha's Vineyard, which has lots of background.

Shaw was Irish.

His Quint accent was based on yankee New Englanders. A large portion of the quint character was based on two Martha's Vineyard residents. He developed the character by studying these two guys. I know this because less than an hour ago I finished reading JAWS: Memories from Martha's Vineyard, which has lots of background.

Well sure, if you read books of course you will learn something! Sheesh.

:love

Little off topic but growing up with this movie and loving it I considered myself quite the expert of useless Jaws trivia. Last week someone asked me what Quint's first name was.
I did this >

It never occured to me! I had to look it up!
"Sam".
Huh.
Who knew? :lol

Shaw was Irish.

IIRC one of them was Craig Kingsbury, who played Ben Gardner in the film.

And Robert Shaw was born in Westhoughton, Lancashire, England.

Ok, I stand corrected. I always thought he was English, but in this book, one of the locals who got friendly with Shaw said when he was drinking at night (apparently he was stewed quite often) he'd tell stories about his life in Ireland. See what happens when you assume boys and girls!

If you're a JAWS fan, buy the book. Lots of goodies in it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back