Was Doc Brown dead in 2015?

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since all we know is that the 1985 Doc is alive in 2015, is the 2015 Doc alive or dead?

Doc Brown was suppose to be in his late 60's in 1985, so in 2015 he would be in his late 90's or older.

I just was interested in your thoughts.

I'm surprised they never touched on that. My thinking may be flawed but him having gotten that youth treatment in 2015 would have extended his life and since he is the 1985 doc it would have carried over to the 2015 doc and beyond. Maybe the reason he isn't mentioned is that the 2015 doc has been replaced in the timeline by the BTTF 3 doc even though we haven't seen those events yet.

There is no 2015 Doc. When he invented the time machine and blipped out at the end of the first film, he essentially separated himself from the normal time continuum. Since he never stayed in 1985 to grow old, there was no Doc Brown in 2015 except the one that jumped there directly from 1985.

By that rationale, there shouldn't have been any older Marty and Jennifer in 2015 either... :wacko

There is no 2015 Doc. When he invented the time machine and blipped out at the end of the first film, he essentially separated himself from the normal time continuum. Since he never stayed in 1985 to grow old, there was no Doc Brown in 2015 except the one that jumped there directly from 1985.

That makes no sense. If there are 2 Marty's, 2 Jennifer's, then there ARE 2 Docs.

My thoughts are that Doc simply just didn't want to know. Given that he would either be dead or best case scenario, alive but sick, senile, and alone; there was nothing good to come from knowing.

There is something incredibly disturbing about the thought of knowing when when you are going to die. Its like a coundown clock letting you know exactly how much time you have left.

Doc himself said that no one should know too much about thier own future, and perhaps this was just as much about the emotional consequences as the temporal ones.

Last edited:
But didnt Marty and Jennifer return to 1985 and live out their lives normally? Doc never did. He kept traveling through time on the train with Clara and his creepy kids.

But didnt Marty and Jennifer return to 1985 and live out their lives normally? Doc never did. He kept traveling through time on the train with Clara and his creepy kids.

Yep, they both returned to live their lives out.

Doc didnt. there was no doc in 2015

weequay

I never noticed that. It's either he's pervy or he wants the scene to get over with and how creepy are those kids? They look like extras from the Village Of The Damned.

That makes no sense. If there are 2 Marty's, 2 Jennifer's, then there ARE 2 Docs.
If that's true, then there'd be 2 DeLoreans at the beginning of BTTF 3. The one Doc would have stored in the mine, and the one Marty came back in with the retrofitted parts. They could have just used the fuel line and gasoline from that one and gotten the flip out of there. :lol

I subscribe to the "infinite Doc Browns" theory, which is to say that, by 2015, EVERYBODY is descended from Doc Brown. :sleep

If that's true, then there'd be 2 DeLoreans at the beginning of BTTF 3. The one Doc would have stored in the mine, and the one Marty came back in with the retrofitted parts. They could have just used the fuel line and gasoline from that one and gotten the flip out of there. :lol

I am sure the fuel line didn't make a difference, he could patch that up easy. He has been there for months, the doc would of taken the fuel out of the car before storing it in the mine. If he left the fuel in there, it would probably do more bad than good. Also, it was the other thing that exploded off the car(fuel injection solenoid?). Had they taken that off the stored car, I don't think the DeLorean would of even ran in 1955. I don't think they had that kind of part to retro fit into the DeLorean.

On the topic about Doc, it does make sense that there wouldn't be a Doc in 2015. As stated above, Doc never really returned to stay in 1985. Marty however, does, and returns to live out his life while the Doc would be wandering about.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back